Job Vacancy: Executive Assistant / PA
Position Overview: Our client is software development and Consultancy Company specializing in payment systems, Management systems, Card based systems and systems integrations based in Nairobi but with presence in East Africa. The CEO is looking for a PA who would ease his work.
This is someone brilliant to proof read contracts, legal documents, create proposals and yet an administrator to be that excellent Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant must juggle multiple projects simultaneously and be the point person within an extremely busy, fast paced organization and enjoy receiving visitors, including arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings.
Role and Responsibilities
Manage overall communication and administrative functions for the CEO
- Manage and maintain the CEO’s calendar and email account.
- This includes coordinating appointments on their behalf with their direct reports and the committees, responding to emails and managing direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print documents
- Organize inbound email into the appropriate folder and any relevant information to be copied into the correct file on the hard drive
- Drafts and reviews reports, executive summaries, newsletters where applicable
- Coordinates executive travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others to ensure arrangements in place for the CEO match his requirements
- Manage the monthly executive dashboard on sales reports and ensure it is submitted on a timely manner to the CEO.
- Ensure the CEO is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements he is involved in.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals
- Sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment for the CEO’s office
- Ensures meeting protocol is followed by all stakeholders including the regional teams as per request.
- Ensure periodical reporting to key stakeholders on current status is done.
- Ensure all personal and confidential information of visiting guests are properly filled, maintained and filed in a secure place.
Manage and improve the Travel experience
- Manages complex travel for the executive team and corporate guests including air, ground and hotel arrangements. Creates itineraries and ensures communications with all appropriate parties.
- Capitalizes on the travel agents database building relationships to leverage on great travel pricing deals ensuring the best value.
- Reconcile corporate credit cards for travel and miscellaneous expenses incurred by the Executive Team. Assists in planning company-sponsored events, parties, board meetings, etc
- Bachelor degree, preferably with Business Administration, Law, Public Relation and/or Information Technology option
- Minimum of 3-5 years of post-undergraduate full time work as an Executive and/or Personal Assistant
- Good knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office Suite
- French speaking will be an added advantage.
- Keep abreast of organizational issues and have a general understanding of the organization’s aims and objectives.
- Role model of PA Behavioural skills I.e. maintaining Discreteness, flexibility and Tech and internet savvy
- Self-motivated. Maintain calmness under pressure and capable of thinking on their feet in a crisis and dependable to get things closed.
- Well organized and can plan the administrative workload taking initiative in resolving issues as quickly in an appropriate manner.
- Proactive. Competently dealing with situations in their boss’s absence and should be confident enough to delegate work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High energy and enthusiasm level: willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Work experience in fast growth environment with strong organization skills.
- Agile and resilient
Travel Required – 20% of the Time
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online