Job Title: F&B Cost Controller
Reports to: Head Accountant
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Travel Rqrd: Yes
Gross Salary: 35,000/=
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Head Accountant, this position will be responsible for ensuring planning and supervision of the daily operation of the hotel in terms of budget and cost controls for food and beverages stores, receiving and purchasing departments and advising the various departments on measures to reduce on food cost.
- To prepare an analysis of income and expenditure of food and beverage items guided by targets set for revenue, cost levels and profit margins.
- Establishment and maintenance of standard recipes, standard yields and standard portion sizes.
- To effect pricing changes in liaison with management and cost of inflation, as well as effect menu pricing for special orders, quotations for functions, or varied dishes.
- Prevention of waste, tracking poor performance, over production, failure to use standard recipes.
- To come up with controls that prevents fraud and wastage.
- Provide accurate up to date information for the preparation of periodical reports for use by management.
- Analyzes Food & Beverage costs and control factors to ensure the implementation of cost-effective measures throughout the Food & Beverage department
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual food & beverage forecasts. Monitor Food & Beverage expenses and costs.
- Prepare costing menus, set prices and mark-ups for Food & Beverage items.
- Assist departmental managers in the preparation of budgets, controlling of expenses, and other cost control methods.
- Develop product concepts and orientation with the executive chef.
- Monitor receiving and purchasing practices. Review ticket voids, promotions and other Food & Beverage activities to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Regular daily inspections of quality and state of items in food store rooms on a minimum of once per day.
- Regular inspections on the conditions of refrigerated store rooms. i.e carried out with regard to temperature control and a temperature log needs to be maintained
- Monitor f&b performance through daily food covers and sales
- Carry out monthly stock take of all the hotel inventory and give timely reports
- All items are to be received and stored in their correct manner according to storing location, packaging, temperature, light, humidity etc. on a first in first out basis to enable stock rotation.
- Delivers to tight deadlines
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- CPA II or Equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in Food and Beverage cost control department.
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of MS Office especially Ms Excel.
- High sense of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Thorough knowledge of Food Costing
- Ability to effectively supervise team members Food & Beverage operations including food, beverages, and inventory controls Ability to analyze a large volume of financial information.
- Ability to create reports, forecasts and projections Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, spreadsheet and data base programs.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work load to ensure deadlines.
- Qualification in Food and Beverage will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th August 2018