Job Vacancy: Financial Accountant
The Financial Accountant is responsible for processing of accounting entries in the accounting system in accordance with IFRS and tax laws.
S/he will be responsible for posting entries in the trial balance and ensuring that monthly accounts are closed within the set timings.
S/he will also be responsible for bank reconciliations and statutory returns.
- Posting revenue in the trial balance.
- Ensuring that all post-paid clients are correctly invoiced at the end of every month.
- Ensure all expenses are correctly posted in the accounting system.
- Ensure that all taxes are properly accounted for in the system.
- Address all invoice discrepancies within the system
- Maintain accounting schedules for all entries in the trial balance.
- Ensure all supporting information is available for audit.
- Capture all debtors and supplier transactions accurately within the system.
- Prepare customer statements, bills and invoices, and reconcile expenses to the trial balance.
- Prepare monthly debtors aged reports and advise commercial teams on overdue accounts.
- Ensure all payments and receipts are correctly captured in the trial balance.
- Ensure that all tax and other statutory returns are filed and paid by due dates.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for company debtors and creditors.
- Processing of fixed assets and depreciation in the system.
- Accounting for the petty cash before replenishment.
- Posting of payroll in the trial balance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. An MBA in Financial or Business Management, Economics, Commerce preferred
- Qualification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or equivalent qualification is a key requirement.
- Have at least 5 years of related work experience
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Must have good understanding of tax laws.
- Results and detail orientated with a hands-on approach
- Experience with budgeting and risk management is preferable
- Good experience in working with advanced Ms Excel.
Salary: 150,000 gross
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 20th August 2018