Job Vacancy: Fitting Shop Head (Mechanical Engineer)
- Planning, budget and manage the operations of fitting shop Department.
- Installation and alignment of equipment on to marine vessels
- Mechanics of overhaul and repairing of gearboxes, engines and pumps of vessels
- Operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications
- Propulsion system inspection, testing and repair: removal of propeller blades for inspection and repair, uncoupling & removal of shaft for testing and repair
- Re-install propeller blades, shafts and other mechanical equipment on board after testing and repair
- Accurately interpret drawings and designs of parts and equipment.
- Optimum production.
- Good cooperation with the other departments.
- Customer interactions.
- Quality, Health Safety and Environment of fitting shop.
- Ensure optimal utilization of equipment and ensure equipment availability to meet production demands.
- Employee training and skill development.
1.2 Reporting to: GM Engineering Services – Civil & Mechanical Engineering
1.3 Project or general employment: General Employment
2.1 General description of work and conditions
- Oversee scheduling of all production activities.
- Conversant with Engineering drawings and interpretations.
- Provide accurate daily, weekly and monthly management reporting information.
- Manage costs and expenses optimally.
- Plan, coordinate and direct activities of the Fitting Shop section/department.
- Lead and motivate the fitting shop team.
3 Education and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A very competent Diploma Holder with at least 8 years of similar experience shall be considered.
- Registered Engineer with Engineering Board of Kenya (EBK) or equivalent.
- A thorough understanding of fitting processes, equipment technology, shop procedures and how to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Over 5 years hands on experience working in a fitting shop, working with machine tools or handling similar work in a manufacturing environment and leading people in an interdependent middle man position.
- Experience of marine engines fitting and overhaul is key.
- Production analysis.
- Commercial awareness.
- Quality awareness; guardian and stimulator for high quality and production.
- Team work – mobilizing and strengthening junior engineers and designers.
- Decision making from objective analysis to implementation.
- Leadership – lead by example but also show direction.
- Guide the technical component of company.
3.4 Personality features
- Extraverted thinker.
- Open mind, sharp and detailed.
- Clear and alert.
- Alertness and availability.
- Cultural differences awareness.
- Disciplined in work approach.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only contact shortlisted candidates.