Job Title: Account Manager – FMCG
Gross Salary: 120k – 200k
Reporting to: Head of Consumer Sales – East Africa
Our client is one the leading FMCG Company in Kenya. They seek to hire a person to serve as the lead point of contact for the partners’ account management matters, ensuring that the company builds good and productive relations with the business partners.
S/He should provide dedicated focus to the partner(s), ensuring that the company is driving towards their set key performance indicators.
- Serve as the primary liaison (lead point of contact) for the partners’ account management matters.
- Build, nurture and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships between our team and the partners assigned.
- Take the lead on value improvement initiatives including interface with functional units such as Key Accounts, General Sales, Supply Chain, Production and Marketing.
- Collaborate with the Head of Sales in conducting monthly performance review of sales managers. Follow up on agreed actions to ensure full execution within set timelines.
- Provide key strategic insights into the partners’ respective categories, the wider market, the channels, the customers served and the competitive environment.
- Drive execution of the identified strategies and actions through the relevant functional heads that will lead to the achievement of the key performance indicators.
- Liaise with the General Trade and Key Accounts section heads in ensuring that the sales team is focused and updated on the deliverables of the different products.
- Provide guidance, direction and support for the sales and marketing staff to achieve their potential.
- Compile and submit progress of monthly / quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders within the stipulated deadlines; Prepare monthly business review reports and initiate one-on-one sessions with the Sales and Marketing Director and the Managing Director.
- Oversee and deliver successful product launches and listings as and when required.
- Conduct gap analysis and lead in coming up with relevant actions to address and close on noted gaps; take advantage of opportunity to realize growth and continual improvement.
- Establish the must have SKUs in conjunction with the Trade Marketing Manager, General Trade and Key Accounts section heads.
- Lead the monthly review meetings and report on key performance indicators, clearly indicating monthly performance versus target as well as cumulative (year to date) performance.
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in Sales, Marketing, Business or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Sales or Marketing management role.
- Proven sales success record within a major FMCG company with excellent understanding and an in-depth knowledge of the market and the changing environment.
- Strong commercial understanding with intellect and curiosity
- Proactive and assertive with strong relational and networking skills.
- Strong time management skills and self motivation skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Have a valid driving license: be able and willing to travel across the designated regions.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Account Manager – FMCG) to email@example.com before 22nd August 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted