Our client is a well-established manufacturer and importer of alcoholic beverages.
They seek to hire a well-rounded, seasoned and results oriented Chief Operating Officer.
He will be tasked with providing overall leadership to the business as well as implementing the company’s growth strategy and operational priorities.
In addition, the General Manager will also be responsible for the company’s Brand positioning in the industry as part of their strategic plan.
Industry: FMCG (Alcoholic Beverages)
Reporting: To the Board of Directors
Salary: 850K – 1M
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership and build organization capabilities.
- Drive high organizational productivity that delivers business profitability as per set KPIs by providing strategic business direction to the Functional Heads and their teams.
- Develop a group of well-rounded, capable Functional Heads and oversee effective people programs that will build capabilities that promote a great organizational culture.
- Maintain continuous engagement with Functional Heads to ensure that strategic priorities are clear and activities are aligned to the key performance goals.
- Lead the business in driving a high performance that enhances the company’s image
- Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that attracts and retains a diverse and highly engaged workforce
- Lead the business to deliver the Brand promise/ Customer Value proposition
- Align all business operations to strategy and act as a sounding board for all Functional Heads
- Ensure an optimal organizational structure that will deliver the company strategy and that encourages communication
- Deliver on agreed company KPIs and drive a service culture that ensures world class customer experience
- Advise the board on strategic business development initiatives, key corporate planning events for effective business decisions
- Keep the board informed about business activities, potential threats, opportunities and recommended actions.
- Contribute to the positive achievement of the targeted image and brand name.
- Represent the company’s’ Brand competitively and protect the company’s reputation in the market.
- Develop a strong network of clients, relationships with suppliers, government agencies, financial institutions etc.
- Drive development and launch of new products and promote market research & development
- Achieve the company’s financial and operating objectives and run the annual planning/budgeting process.
- Develop annual business plans, capital and operating plans and budgets that support the long-term strategy.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of disclosure controls and for finance reporting, appropriate to ensure the integrity of the company’s financial reporting and public disclosures.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place for all applicable compliance and regulatory laws/rules of financial & tax reporting.
- Oversee and recommend to the higher authority for approval, all systems designs, including their development and implementation in all areas under his control
- Develop and establish standards of practice within the organization and contribute in the development and implementation of short and long term plans of the Company
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Management/Marketing/Finance
- Masters’ Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Senior Management in FMCG/Manufacturing
- Candidates should not be above 45 years of age
- Must demonstrate strong business acumen & commercial awareness
- Ability to manage large and complex operations.
- Professional maturity and ability to operate in a fast paced, competitive work environment
- Ability to analyze and articulate situations and complex details quickly
- Strong negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Adapt easily to changing situations and exercise sound judgement in dealing with delicate situations
- Exhibit the highest levels of integrity and professionalism
- Proven entrepreneurial , people management and relationship management skills
- High energy and perseverance with tenacity
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chief Operating Officer – FMCG) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, 24th August 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands.