Our client, a 5 Star Hotel are looking to fill the position of Head Chef to be based at the Masai Mara.
S/he will be responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the lodge’s food production while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels.
With focus on quality, the Head Chef will lead the culinary team on their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.
The candidate should be highly competent, ambitious, dynamic and a hands-on experienced hotelier.
- Manage the kitchen operations with regards to quality and standards.
- Know all the duties set out in all the job description and ensure that the systems are being followed.
- Undertake in the ordering of raw materials for daily production of the Menu.
- Ensure that all Chefs are familiar with the day’s requirements.
- Ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity.
- Ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered and ensure that his/her section is being kept clean and tidy as for HACCP required at all times.
- Ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried out so as to improve staff performance & productivity.
- At least five (5) years in progressive chef growth positions and at least (1-3) year’s management experience.
- Diploma in Food Production or its equivalent from a recognized institution. A degree will be an added advantage.
- Skilled in a la carte Production
- A good understanding of HACCP processes.
- Strong, effective leadership and management skills.
- Problem solving and decision making ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
Salary: Ksh. 80,000 – 120,000 gross plus other benefits
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 30th August 2018