Job Title: Head Chef
Our client is a well-established hotel located in Mogadishu.
They seek to hire a competent and innovative Head Chef who will manage and mentor the staff to ensure that they offer exemplary culinary experience to all the clients.
- All food production including all items produced for the Hotel
- The menu development, food purchase specifications, sourcing of suppliers, and standardizing of recipes
- Development and monitoring of food and labor budgets for the department, and ensuring food costs are met
- Hiring, training and managing of all the department staff
- Ensure that all communications between the restaurant and kitchen run smoothly
- Maintaining the highest professional food quality and hygiene standards throughout the operation
- Ensure stock levels are maintained and inventory is managed appropriately
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is being maintained and cleaned appropriately
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Management experience in a 5-star Hotel and international experience is highly preferred
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Innovative and creative to come up with different menus
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits
- Organized, accurate and reliable
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with department heads, guests & team members
- Professional attitude and expectations
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head Chef – Mogadishu) to email@example.com before Wednesday 27th August 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted