Our client, a market leader in Hospitality is URGENTLY looking to hire passionate and result oriented Hostess.
The Hostess will be required to present a positive first impression of the establishment’s friendliness, excellent service and high standards.
The Hostess will also be responsible for greeting Guests upon arrival, inform Guests of their wait time, monitor a waiting list, enter Guest names into the computer system, show Guests to their table and bid them farewell as they leave by giving a “Guests First” attitude, engaging in friendly conversation and other matters by performing the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter’s name
- Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference
- Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service
- Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate
- Tend to special Guest needs and requests
- Observant to Guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door)
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies
- Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed to provide total guest satisfaction
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Diploma in Hospitality Management, Culinary Schooling or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Customer service training and experience will be an added advantage
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, organized, able to multi-task, and willing to work beyond normal scheduled work hours as necessary
- Passion for providing extraordinary service
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Great attitude
- Friendly smile
- Passion for people and service
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization skills
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 20th August 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.