Job Title: Hotel Accountant
Gross Salary: 70k
Location: Athi River
Our client is a new medium sized hotel based in the outskirts of Nairobi. They seek to hire a highly competent and performance driven Hotel Accountant who will be responsible for knowing critical functions within the department and capable of mentoring and assisting employees within the department.
- Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems
- Ensures compliance with government and corporate policies regulations and laws
- Prepares monthly forecast & annual budgets prepares all allocations
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and hotel procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs and reconciles
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, cost centers and documents business transactions.
- Responsible for daily Stock takes, reconciliation and timely of daily sales reports against expenses.
- Responsible for verification of income auditing, receivables & debtors reconciliation
- Distributes monthly comparison reports and cost center reports according to schedules.
- Prepares financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Analyze transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved.
- Applies cost accounting methods to achieve accurate representation of cost center performance.
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Responsible for all taxes obligations.
- Maintain system of accounts and keep records on all company transactions and assets
- Report, analyze, and ensure integrity of all financial information.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be a CPA- K.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as an accountant in a hotel or resort
- Proficiency in any hotel operating and accounting system and Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity and mature
- Should also be dynamic and a team player
- Experience in Payroll.
- Analytical skills and hotel controls
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Leadership skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Hotel Accountant) to email@example.com before 5th September 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted