Job Vacancy: Hotel Manager
The manager’s main functions are planning, organizing, controlling and directing The Hotel Products and Systems.
The Hotel Products
- The Hotel coffee lounge and restaurant
- The Hotel Gardens
- The Hotel Conference Facility and Recreation
The Hotel is a new establishment that requires a manager who is flexible and perceptive enough to help in the creation of an organisational structure for the daily co-ordination of the different departments.
The manager therefore must be able to;
- Supervise and oversee operations of all employees in The Hotel.
- Manage the establishment of culinary standards.
- Develop and maintain up-dated operations manuals for all staff.
- Inspect the establishment several times daily and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health & Safety regulations.
- Check food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- Maintain cleanliness and maintenance of the facility and create a system for proper standard control.
- Plan and control of the duty rosters.
- Work with Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the department’s budget.
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of the annual budget.
- Control and monitor departmental costs to ensure performance against budget.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Be familiar with property safety, First Aid, Fire and Emergency procedures.
- Drive profits and sales through marketing ideas
- Create events that boost and maximise sales
- Create seamless ways to integrate all The Hotel products and services.
- Perform other duties that may be delegated by the Board of Management through the CEO.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Management certificate (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/BCOM/BSc)
- MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum five (5) years management experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel.
- International experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to submit your application online.