Job Vacancy: ICT Support Officer
Salary: 70K – 80K
Job Brief: We are looking for a qualified ICT Support Officer for our client, to help people develop, use and integrate ICT systems. You’ll take the hassle out of resolving technical problems and provide training to users to maximize the value of technology in business.
You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the ICT infrastructure.
The right candidate must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems.
The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- At least 2 years proven experience in a relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (ICT Support Officer) to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th August 2018.
N.B: Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet the above minimum set selection criteria.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV.