Our client a leading organization investment co-operative is looking to fill the position of a CEO who will be reporting to the board.
Reporting to this position: Manager Finance, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Project
Job Summary: The jobholder is the chief executive officer responsible for the accomplishment of mission and vision, overseeing all aspects of operations, financial growth and sustainability through sound and cooperative-oriented business practices
The CEO is in charge of implementing Board decisions and day to day operations s/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with directives and policies has established by the Board. The Executive Director provides direction and enabling to the Board to out its governance functions.
Board Agenda, Governance and reporting (20%)
- Supports the Board in strategic planning
- Reports to the Board on implementation of the strategic plan and operations
- Provide support to the Board of Directors by organizing all Board and Sub Committee meetings, Annual and Special General Meetings and Supervisory meetings as and when required.
- Brief and advise the board on legal and regulatory issues
- Supports the Board to fulfill its governance functions
- Recommend to the Board of Directors appointment of such staff as the budget permits
- Keep minutes of all Annual general meetings and meetings of the Board of Directors
- Prepare and sign all official correspondence of the Investment Co-operative.
- Oversee relations with the Cooperative department within Ministry of Industrialization and Enterprise Development and other stakeholders
- Attend Board and sub-committee meetings and reporting on operations, finance and planning, and other matters as necessary
- Ensure member general meetings are held annually
Strategic vision and leadership (25%)
- Support the boar in developing strategic plan
- Implements and monitor the strategic plan’s achievement of the mission, Vision and Objectives for revenue and profitability growth.
- Promote the Investment Co-operative corporate image by representing the Society in a professional manner at all times
- Proposes to the board strategic initiatives to ensure the Society’s profitability. Initiatives may include, but are not limited to, strategic alliances, facility and technology upgrades, cost management, and development of new income streams;
Financial management and compliance (10%)
- Develop Society budgets within the statutory deadline so that operations are fully discharged to meet stakeholders’ expectations.
- Develops and maintains business processes and management information systems
- for the effective control of all operations and to support timely and accurate reporting to the Board
- Ensures the Company has sufficient working and expansion capital as may from time to time be required to run the operation
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit
- Ensure correctness of books of accounts, receipts and disbursements are maintained.
- Be custodian of all funds and property belonging to the Investment Co-operative and ensure their safe keeping.
- Under the supervision of the Board of Directors, make payments from funds of the Investment Co-operative for authorized purposes.
- Submit to the Board of Directors a quarterly financial statement showing the financial position of the Investment Co-operative.
- Manages relationships with financial institutions and ensures all obligations are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Regulate Society operations and ensure that they are within the legal framework of the prevailing laws, by-laws, policies, procedures and rules as set by the board and Commissioner of cooperatives.
- Assures the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Analyze and control business risk
Human Resource Management (15%)
- Attract, develop and retain high and motivated team of employees through embedding performance development and couching
- Ensure and monitor staff performance
- Ensures administration of human resource policies and programmes
- Plans and implements a remuneration system that pays staff on timely basis
- Guides and mentor all managers
- Creates a culture and value system which attracts the staff required to ensure meets its objectives;
- Oversees the planning and
Manages the commercial operations (15%)
- Develop and provide high quality products and efficient services which are value-adding to clients so as to enhance market share and revenue command of the Investment Co-operative.
- Ensure s investment operations and strategies are reviewed, agreed upon
- and implemented to meet the goals set for growth and profitability of the Society
- Develops an effective sales and marketing strategies which prioritize revenues growth and sales targets
- Develops and implements a marketing and public relations strategy that builds the Company’s brand in Kenya and diaspora
Manages the administrative operations (10%)
- Implements Board decisions and guidelines for conduct of business
- Analyze progress reports from departmental and sectional managers and disseminate the periodic reports on the performance of the Society and recommends actions and alternatives to the Board
- Overseas operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, cost effective management of resources.
- Ensure the supply chain is efficiently managed in accordance to POA laws
- Manage external consultants and derive performance measures for them
- Ensures development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation of systems
Occasional duties (5%)
- Participate as a member of various internal committees as and when required
- Respond to internal and external audit queries as and when required
- Carry any other duties as may be assigned by the board
Key performance indicators focus areas
- Financial responsibility
- Customer satisfaction
- Continual improvement of internal business processes
- Staff learning and growth
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- This is a high-stress position based on full responsibility for operations. Ability to multiple tasks simultaneously, and makes rapid decisions regarding administrative issues.
- Establishes strong and appropriate relationships with Board, staff and business partners
- Plans and meets deadlines. Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of executive management. Hours may be long and irregular.
- Conveys a professional and positive image and attitude of
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Uphold personal and corporate integrity at all times
- The minimum education level required to perform this job.
- Degree in Business Management or related course. An MBA is an added advantage
Related Job Experience / Qualifications (The minimum level of experience amount required to perform the job)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a senior management position in a small or medium sized organization.
- Be in the age bracket of 35 – 50 years at the time of appointment
Other Skills and competencies
- Leadership/Supervisory management skills
- Interpersonal/formal communication (oral and written) skills
- Planning and organising skills/quality orientation
- Decision making
- Conflict and negotiation
- Computer literacy skills – Ms Office applications
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 31st August 2018.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
Note: – Eagle HR Consultant does not charge anything for processing your application.