International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Position Title: ICT Assistant
SVN No: IOMKCO/SVN/011/2018
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 15 August, 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: Under the overall programmatic supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) Project Coordinator, direct supervisor of FAP National Project Officer-Team Leader and technical supervision of the ICT Officer, the successful candidate will be based in Nairobi and will be primarily responsible for the management and support of the ICT infrastructure and application system implementation for the FAP in Nairobi.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for internal coordination of all ICT/IS related activities in support of the Family Assistance Program to be established in Nairobi;
2. Ensure that all ICT/IS related requests are addressed in a timely and accurate manner, while efficiently allocating resources and support where required;
3. Provide support to the IOM FAP networking in planning for necessary systems upgrades and ICT infrastructure changes and the IT requirements of the donor, install systems, network components and software;
4. Assist in data and information processing, analysis in regards to the production of statistics/reports/publishing materials related to the FAP, support further integration of technological solutions to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the systems in place;
5. Ensure to apply IOM ICT Standards & guidelines, policies and data protection principles,
6. Develop and implement when necessary, ICT training, to include training on the IOM software platform and set-up requirements, to all IOM FAP end users to ensure productive use of system, IT and telecommunications resources;
7. Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers (Application System and Databases, Appointment System, LAN, WAN, Messaging, Internet connectivity, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions. Ensure daily monitoring and adequate completion of backups and project ICT inventory;
8. Assist in the creation of reports, statistical tables, analysis of data, graphics and publishing of information about IOM activities in a simple, readable and attractive format;
9. Liaise with the local ICT service providers and vendors for the adequate and timely provision of supplies and services in coordination with the mission procurement;
10. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all FAP-related matters, in accordance with guidelines and instructions.
11. Report timely to the ICT Officer all ICT operations, challenges, and take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data.
12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of relevant academic qualifications and extensive progressively responsible technical experience;
- A Microsoft Dynamics CRM Application and/or Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customization and Configuration Certification is an asset.
- Microsoft CRM Cloud-Based and/or On-Premise development and architecture experience;
- A Microsoft technical Certification (MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA) or an IT Project Management certification would be a distinct advantage;
- Knowledge and experience with Windows network infrastructure in a multi-site environment, MS Office, Antivirus Software and utilities
- A minimum of five years of experience designing, developing, implementing or administering information systems and end-user support, including web-based database applications and thin-client Web-based applications;
- Excellent knowledge of information technology and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
Languages: Fluency in English and Swahili is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 15 August 2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.