International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Position Title: Project Assistant (Data Quality Control) – FAP (Family Assistance Programme)
SVN No: IOMKCO/SVN/013/2018
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 15 August, 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: Under the overall programmatic supervision of Family Assistance Program (FAP) Project Coordinator and direct supervision of FAP National Project Officer- Team Leader, the successful candidate will be based in Nairobi and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding family members on how to correctly complete the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application and supporting documentation checklists.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Act as the quality control focal point for the project in Nairobi, assist in the day-to-day quality control monitoring of the visa applications, and supporting the Team Leader in the monitoring of the FAP activities;
2. Assist the Team Leader to monitor all activities on FAP internal software, verifying ensuring accuracy of data entry activities;
3. Ensure that the questionnaires filed with the visa applications are accurate and meet the requirements set by the donor, and report immediately any quality issue to the Quality Control Officer;
4. Enhance capacities of Migrant Service Assistants (MSAs) through providing ad hoc trainings to promote knowledge and application of the SOPs;
5. Assist with the report preparation and data-management of the FAP project by preparing statistical and thematic reports whenever required;
6. Report to FAP management of any problems or issues arising immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service;
7. Maintain a positive working relationship with the German Embassy staff locally and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload;
8. Maintain and promote confidentiality and integrity of all FAP-related matters and of all beneficiaries, in accordance with guidelines and instructions;
9. Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data;
10. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education: University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Social Science, Engineering Science or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
- Minimum 3 years (or 5 for candidates holding high school degree/certificate) of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of information technology and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
Languages: Fluency in English and in Tigrinya and/or Somali is required. German is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Other: Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement.
Closing Date: 15 August 2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NO FEE: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, process or training). IOM does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank details.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.