Job Title: IT Projects Officer – Planning, Resourcing and Reporting
Reporting To: IT Reporting Manager
Direct Reports: None
Role Purpose: Planning, tracking and reporting on IT resources, projects and performance.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Develop and maintain the resource management plan by identifying resource requirements and obtaining commitments from internal, external, and procured sources to complete all project activities.
- Maintain project time estimates in order to determine and define project baseline, schedule.
- Develop a formal and comprehensive resourcing dashboard showing project progress against resource utilization.
- Manage project progress by obtaining data from various sources as project managers, business units, project data repositories, and delivery & engagement managers.
- Onboarding and release of project resources by following appropriate organizational procedures in order to optimize resource utilization.
- Collaborate with the project teams and management to report on projects, performance and resources utilization with periodic reports
- Manage any relevant team and departmental reporting requirements on operations, planning and products delivery.
- Participate in performance management of human resources and evaluation to delivery objectives
- Self-Driven individual with proactivity in responsible execution.
Working with Others
- Identifies people’s needs, interests and motives to be able to place them in the right projects for better resource and skill utilization.
- Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively
- Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks
- Targets effort and resources on high-value, high impact activity
- Focuses on achieving maximum performance and driving continuous improvement
- Thinks about processes and problems cross-functionally and end-to-end
- Uses knowledge of people, technology, process, systems and policy to solve problems
Creativity and Innovation
- Finds creative ways to exploit opportunities and solve problems
- Takes risks and pushes what is possible
- Experiments with unorthodox approaches
Business Know How
- Uses data and research to make decisions that are competitively and financially robust
- Balances current and future needs
- Thinks and acts like an owner of the business
- Acts in line with legal, regulatory, professional and ethical standards
Working with Change
- Responds flexibly to changing situations
- Manages the business and people aspects of change to drive performance
Project and Program Management
- Schedules activity and identifies resource needs, dependencies and synergies
- Evaluates progress, mitigates risks and addresses issues
Working With Partners
- Work closely with PMO office on resource and project planning.
- Work closely with Delivery and Engagement managers on resource and project planning
- Monitors operational performance using tools, systems and working with consultants on site
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor in Management, Computer Science, IT or Project Management.
- Certificate in project planning/project management expertise or PRINCE 2 or PMP will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience as an IT analyst and|or project management in a busy IT environment
- Planning and organization – Perfectionist.
- Experience as a projects team member in a large project preferably an IT project.
- A good understanding of managing projects in a changing business environment.
- Experience in providing administrative and project support.
Key performance indicators:
100% adherence to the following:
- Management of record of all 200+ departmental projects and detailed status
- Management of people resourcing of 200+ team members
- Management of resources distribution across delivery streams as relates to the business.
- Production of statistical reporting on projects, resources involved, resource workload, project KPIs
- Tracking of team performance KPIs on operations, planning and products delivery.
- Management of Skillset per resource compared their project output from quality and speed prospective
- Production and documentation of resource requirements.
- Production of project staffing management plans and organization charts.
- Assignment of roles and responsibility assignments for staff- resource matrix.
- Pipeline and capacity management.
- Sharing dash boards weekly showing our progress against project delivery and resource utilization
- Timely identification of resourcing gaps and provide mitigation.
- Table creative modelling techniques for perspectives view on departmental status and projections for performance optimization
- Delivery of performance and development reviews against each staff and recommending data acquisition techniques.
How to Apply
Email your application to email@example.com
Deadline: 28th August 2018.