Job Vacancy: Communications and Knowledge Manager
Jacaranda Health aims to change the way maternal healthcare is provided in East Africa. We are building better systems and innovations to provide high-quality, patient-centered maternity care, piloting them in our own private hospital, and then working with government and counties to replicate our systems and best practices in high-volume public sector hospitals.
We have built a world-class team, developed critical partnerships and support within Kenya, and sparked the interest of the global maternal health community. We’re now working with over 30 hospitals in several counties across Kenya and are growing quickly.
We have won global and local recognition for our business model, and our facilities have been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We are seeking a passionate Communications and Knowledge Manager to join our dynamic team in Nairobi. We are looking for someone highly-motivated and willing to take a lot of initiative. You will be working with our program teams and our global development team.
Jacaranda has a compelling story of success, our operations team in Kenya has generated remarkable innovations in maternal health, and our team and clients are passionate about our work.
The Communications and Knowledge Manager will help Jacaranda synthesize what we are learning and work with other players in the global health landscape to share and expand our influence. We seek someone who is a consummate consultant and communicator, who wants to apply those talents to shape global health.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop content (e.g., narrative stories, blog posts, videos, case studies) for Jacaranda’s website, blog, monthly e-newsletter and social channels that provide engaging information about our work, results and knowledge, which ultimately optimize visibility with key audiences from customers to donor partners.
- Help build Jacaranda’s knowledge management strategy – what we capture and how we share it – to position the organization as a leader in the maternal health community.
- Work closely with leadership and front-line staff to synthesize maternal health innovations and lessons in order to share insights, both internally and externally. This includes understanding our social impact, clinical excellence, business innovations.
- Serve as the primary editor for Jacaranda’s blog and newsletter. In addition to editing and writing, the communications manager will be responsible for creating the content strategy, setting the editorial calendar and using data-driven approaches to increase engagement for these external communications channels; also media outreach strategies for targeted bloggers, thought leaders and journalists.
- Manage, monitor, and grow Jacaranda’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Provide ongoing design and creative support on in-house projects and communication deliverables including impact reports, videos, brochures
- Continually refresh the content and improve the visual presentation on Jacaranda’s website, ensuring the site always contains accurate, current and engaging content.
- Experience in communications related work. Especially for an audience of donors, government, and global technical experts.
- Topical understanding of public health and maternal health issues. Ability to create strong written content from complicated clinical or technical topics.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Passionate about improving lives for moms and babies
- Complete understanding of and facility using social media, blogs, and email marketing.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute campaigns on mainstream social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Knowledge of social media monitoring and measurement technologies, such as Hootsuite or SproutSocial.
- Demonstrated experience with photo editing and graphic design – knowledge of the Adobe suite is a plus! Experience with video production equipment and editing software a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with creative design aspects related to website, social media and marketing.
- Competitive salary and health insurance
- First-hand experience building a health venture and working with global health programmatic and research teams
- Significant responsibility and independence
- Exposure to global health issues.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online