KCA University (KCAU) is ranked the fourth (4th) best private university in Kenya, and is the ninth (9th) best university countrywide by Webometrics World Ranking of Universities.
We are a chartered business and technology university committed to quality service and ethical practices.
We are shaping higher education in Kenya, and have embarked on a number of strategic changes, including alliances with renowned universities, development agencies and investors.
KCA University seeks to recruit a highly motivated and innovative candidate to fill the following position;
Quality Assurance Officer
Job Objective: To ensure that provision of learning and teaching meets both external and internal requirements, including customer and other stakeholders’ expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake regular institutional research and surveys with a view of tracking customer needs and satisfaction levels.
- To develop and update general operational manuals to guide university level quality assurance operations.
- To develop and update institutional research instruments for use in evaluations
- Providing technical guidance and advice to implementing units to ensure compliance to set quality standards.
- Coordinating internal self-assessment including program assessments, facility inspections and institutional audit.
- To facilitate external evaluation of the University by national and international accreditation agencies.
- Monitoring the implementation of recommendations of internal and external quality assurance evaluations, external examiner reports and external audit reports.
- Advising the University management on Quality Assurance matters relating to teaching/learning, consultancy and matters relating to internal support services.
- Providing advice on integrity and consistency of all awards made in the name of the University.
- Providing guidance on the performance of the quality management system and producing data and reports on performance against the set performance
- Supervising quality assurance technical staff in the quality assurance department.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors of Arts Economics & Statistics
- Two years’ experience in the research and quality assurance field
Other Skills and Competences
- Ms. Office and research analysis packages proficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstration of commitment to cultural diversity and ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV, and three references via email to email@example.com so as to be received not later than 31st August, 2018.
KCA-U staff are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
The Human Resources Director,
P.O Box 56808-00200,