Job Title: New Business Development Manager
Our client KenGen, the leading electric power generation company in Kenya, seeks to engage and hire a New Business Development Manager responsible for driving high value non-generation business programs and investments.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of new business opportunities and concepts;
- Leading the development of unregulated business model that generates additional revenues to the businesses;
- Leading the implementation and realization of the identified opportunities including the Industrial Park within KenGen Olkaria Geothermal field;
- Leading the development of a consultancy department within KenGen and proactively seek consultancy works/engagements;
- Continuously scanning the business environment both locally and internationally for advances and changes in energy and related technologies that KenGen can utilize for new income streams;
- Oversee, co-ordinate and or directly operate new business function in conjunction with other existing functions;
- Establishing and managing key stakeholders of new business, including regulatory, legal and key sector players and communities;
- Negotiating and facilitating approval of new business programmes ensuring that all new business projects achieve expected returns;
- Identifying, developing, deploying and retaining talented staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system.
- Preparing briefs for the Executive management and prepare Board reports on new business projects progress.
- Entrepreneurial mind set;
- Commercial Acumen;
- Passion for Results;
- Drive for Execution;
- Planning and Organizing skills;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Stakeholder management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering/Business related field;
- Master’s degree in a Managerial, Engineering or Business field is an added advantage;
- Professional qualifications in Project Management would be an added advantage;
- Member of a relevant professional body;
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience driving high value business projects in a large organization five (5) of which should be at senior management level.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm 24th August, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.