St. Francis Community Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by undergoing ISO 9001:2015 certification process and ISO 15189:2012 accreditation journey for laboratory services, as part of our growth, exciting vacancies have arisen, and we invite suitably qualified to apply for the position of a Laboratory Technologist.
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Laboratory Unit Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for recruiting and bleeding donors, preparing blood and blood products for transfusion as per laboratory procedures.
- Receiving, accessioning, verifying and processing of specimens.
- Timely release of accurate, precise and reproducible results.
- Archiving of specimens and records as per laboratory SOPS.
- Proper Management of laboratory equipment by doing daily routine maintenance, calibration and quality control.
- Proper Management of laboratory reagents and consumables as per laboratory SOPS.
- Participation in EQA and other quality assurance programs.
- Creation and Maintenance of Laboratory documents and records.
- Performing Blood transfusion procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Fully exposed to laboratory operations and procedures.
- Must be able to recruit and bleed donors.
- Experience in blood donation process, preparation of blood products and have worked in a blood transfusion unit for at least 6 months.
- Excellent knowledge and adequate experience in microbiology.
- Conversant with the formulation and review of SOPs.
- Possession of a Phlebotomy certificate will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience with a busy medical laboratory.
- Experience in Laboratory Information Systems.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th August, 2018.