Leonard Cheshire | Girls’ Education Challenge | UKaid
Expanding inclusive education strategies for girls with disabilities in Kenya is a UKaid funded project that aims to further and deepen the educational and vocational opportunities of girls with disabilities in five counties in the Nyanza in Kenya in order to improve their quality of life, skills and livelihoods opportunities.
Leonard Cheshire (LC) is seeking applications from qualified Female Drivers to fill in the position of a Bus Driver to offer transport services within Kisumu County.
Job Title: Office Driver (in charge of the Project Bus)
Reporting to: GECT Finance and Administration Manager
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Duration: October 2018 – March 2022
Purpose of the Job: To drive learners to and from school daily and be responsible for the bus maintenance and repairs
- To facilitate travel as required by the office.
- To regularly maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy, safe and legal condition.
- To ensure that the vehicle records such as logbook, maintenance and fuel cards are up to date and are submitted to the line manager regularly as agreed.
- To support the administration of the office as may be required whenever not engaged in driving or vehicle maintenance.
- Other duties as requested by the Finance and Administration Manager
- To have a valid driving licence, PSV certificate and a valid certificate of good conduct (or ready to apply for it)
- An average standard of education; or equivalent technical or mechanical knowledge and experience.
- Considerable driving experience, preferably for a Non-Government Organisation and/or PSV vehicles.
- Able to communicate in English and or Kiswahili with good communication skills over all
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience of urban and rural driving conditions would be preferable
- Welcoming; courteous and able to support children with disabilities whenever the need arises.
- Meets all NTSA requirements for school drivers
- A genuine commitment to the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire.
- Simple computer skills e.g accessing emails.
- Willing and flexible attitude
- Interested in learning office skills.
- To have knowledge of driving and managing passengers who are persons with disability.
Interested candidates to apply to:Franco.Suchi@leonardcheshire.org by 14th September 2018