PMI VectorLink Kenya Project
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks candidates to assist in implementing in six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike) in Migori and Eight Sub- counties (Rangwe, Homabay Township, Ndhiwa, Mbita, Rachuonyo North, Kabondo, Kasipul and Suba) in Homabay county Kenya in the following temporary positions:
NB: These positions will be on a short term contract, not more than 2 months and/or on need basis.
Position: Logistics Assistant
Supervisor: County Coordinator
Location: Migori and Homa Bay Counties, Kenya
No. required: 2 (1 Migori and 1 Homabay)
Overall Purpose: Under the supervision of the County Coordinator, support the purchase and distribution of supplies and commodities for the project besides ensuring efficient logistics support services to VectorLink County Operation sites stores and supervising Storekeepers.
- Provides logistical support for project activities, including spray operations, transport, events such as workshops and meetings, etc.
- Assists in managing the inventory, storage and timely disposal of used and irreparable materials, under the direction of the Supply Chain Coordinator
- Ensure vehicle daily use sheet is completed accurately by drivers.
- Ensuring regular follow up of the hired project vehicles in the filed plan for any requirement for programme activities in liaison with the County Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Oversee the collection of used bottles of chemical and PPEs and ensure sorting and storage of same in County central stores.
- Plan and organise daily and weekly projections of logistics needs and movement.
- Ensure regular restocking of insecticides and other materials is done on time and before stock runs out.
Required qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Vocational training in logistics, procurement, supplies and management.
- At least 2 years plus 6 months supervisory experience in handling basic Logistic and procurement issues in an established organization.
- Membership of a recognized Professional Body i.e. either CIPS – UK or KISM would be an added advantage.
- A certificate of good conduct may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Additional professional training in procurement and logistics management preferred
- Knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations a plus.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
- Good communication skills including spoken and written English and Kiswahili is preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness and flexibility to work long hours.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to Kenya_IRSJobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “Logistics Assistant” and specify the location/ward preferred by COB Wednesday, September 12th, 2018.
Please note that where there are multiple duty locations indicated for a position advertised above, the candidate is encouraged to state the most preferred duty location in the subject line as well.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.