Job Vacancy: Machine Shop Production Manager – Engineering
Our client is a Marine and Offshore Engineering Company involved in ship repair, machining and steel fabrication services.
They seek to hire a competent and detail oriented Machine Shop Manager.
She/ He will be tasked with scheduling of all production activities by planning of annual works, ensure availability of materials and manpower, manage costs and expenses via process efficiencies.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning, budget for the operations of the Machine shop and people working there.
- Installation and alignment of equipment on to marine vessels
- Oversee operations of the lathe or turning machines to ensure that specifications are met.
- Study blueprints, layouts or charts, and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions, and to determine material requirements and operational sequences
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometres.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometres and Vernier callipers.
- Compute unspecified dimensions and machine settings, using knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Monitor all activities including cutting, shaping and forming parts and articles from various materials, to make a complete product according to customer specifications.
- Ensures quality and optimal production.
- Responsible for quality, Health Safety and Environment of machine shop.
- Employee training, skill development and customer interactions.
- Scheduling of all production activities to include planning of annual works and maintenance.
- Ensure material and manpower are available as required for operations whilst managing costs and expenses through process efficiencies.
- Plan, coordinate and direct activities of the Machine Shop section/department.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical / Civil Engineering.
- Registered Engineer with Engineering Board of Kenya (EBK) or equivalent.
- Over 5 years’ hands on experience working in a machine shop, working with machine tools or doing similar work in a manufacturing environment.
- A thorough understanding of machining processes, equipment technology, shop procedures and how to read mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Great communication, Interpersonal and excellent time management skills.
- Alertness and availability to employees and customers.
- Extraverted thinker with a disciplined approach to work.
- Work planning- scheduling machines, man hours and workshop occupation on jobs.
- Machine occupancy management – optimizing machine use and maintenance.
- Reporting – write progress reports making analyses of production data, time costing.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Machine Shop Manager – Engineering) to Jobs@corporatestaffing.co.ke before Monday 20th August 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate Staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands