Job Title: Mechanical Engineer – Construction (Mombasa)
Gross Salary: 150k – 200k
Our client is a leading player in construction and public works in Africa with offices in several countries in the continent. They seek to hire an experienced and competent Mechanical Engineer to be based in Mombasa and ensure proper functioning, quality and safety of equipment on site. He will report to the Plant Manager and also ensure compliance with the laws and regulations governing the project works.
- Designs, develops and tests all aspects of mechanical components of equipment and machinery
- Involved in fabrication, operation, installation and/or repair of mechanical equipment
- Manage the power generation equipment, production equipment for concrete, asphalt and aggregates, fixed and mobile lifting equipment, the electrical installations of the projects, the technical base and the housing stock
- Diagnose breakdowns on site
- Advise the Plant Manager and gives an opinion on the project facilities and the technical interventions of the equipment according to the project schedule.
- Follow the planning use of the equipment to conduct technical visits on site and inform the Plant Manager of any possible stops.
- Evaluate and guide the staff in their training, adapted to the various positions
- Regularly report to the Plant Manager on problems encountered
- Check orders and establish purchase requisitions to be signed by the Plant Manager.
- Assess use of equipment and determine the cost of the deterioration
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must minimum 5 years’ experience working as a mechanical engineer in construction
- Candidates currently residing in Mombasa are preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Results oriented individual and a team player
- Organized, rigorous and precise. Must also have good reporting skills
- Recognizes and resolves problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate and deal with clients & team members
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Mechanical Engineer – Construction (Mombasa)) to email@example.com before 5th September 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted