Our client is one of the largest Membership professional association in the region and has been in operation for the last 50 years. The seek to hire a highly experienced, dynamic professional for the role of Executive Officer.
The EO will oversee overall management of all affairs of the Institution in accordance with the Constitution and as directed by the Council.
Responsible to: Council
Responsible for: Secretariat
Working with: Council and other stake-holders in the industry
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Post: Full-time – 2-year contract renewable
Roles and Responsibilities
Subject to the direction of the Council, the Executive Officer shall be responsible for:
Overall day to day management of all affairs of the Institution in accordance with the Constitution.
He/ She will serve as a link between the Council and the Secretariat and will oversee implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure all institution’s operations are in conformity with prevailing statutory and regulatory requirements.
The Executive Office will, in addition, implement the Organization’s strategy as directed by the Council.
The Executive Officer (EO) shall be responsible for:
- Execute the Institution’s strategic plan.
- Formulate and implement the Institution’s policies in consultation with the Council
- Develop and recommend the annual corporate budget for Council’s approval
- Prudently manage the Institution’s resources in compliance with the approved budget
- Develop and implement performance management policies in support of a performance driven corporate culture
- Develop and maintain strategic alliances and partnerships with other business/professional associations, Government institutions, regulatory bodies, Universities and other academic institutions, development partners and other stakeholders.
- Ensure security of information and data within the Institution
- Monitor the regulatory environment in Kenya, identify and contribute to the development of Laws and Regulations which impact on the profession
- Design and implement advocacy programs to promote the profession
- Develop and implement a risk management framework
- Protect the Institution’s assets and properties
- Representing the Institution in meetings and other forum as directed by the Council.
- Prepare and present quarterly management reports to the Council and regularly advise Council on the Institution’s performance
- Attend Monthly Council meeting and record meeting minutes on behalf of the council
- Develop and maintain an up to date members register
- Develop and implement membership recruitment & mobilization programs.
- Attend all meetings of the Council and its committees, take and circulate minutes and maintain records of such meetings.
- Effectively manage the human resources of the Institution as per the human resources policies and in conformity with the prevailing Government policies and regulations.
- Develop and coordinate training programs for members and staff in liaison with the Council.
- Organize professional and social events for the Institution.
- Marketing and publicizing of activities of the Institution, Training, Monthly Members cocktails and organization’s Annual events.
- Any other duties the Council may assign.
- Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business Development and management from a Recognized University.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience of pro-actively generating leads and fund raising.
- Experience in business management.
Desired skills, experience and competencies:
- Effective communicator with good written and verbal communication skills
- Good people management skills
- Strategic management skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Well versed with legal and regulatory matters
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Marketing, public relation and advocacy skills.
- Have good Information Technology Skills.
- Should be entrepreneurial and result oriented.
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Well-presented and business-like
Terms of service
Two-year contract renewable on satisfactory performance.
Basic salary plus Variable Compensation based on Performance of agreed KPI’s.
How to Apply
Candidates that meets the criteria set above are advised to send their updated CVs to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 31st August 2018.
Clearly indicate “EXECUTIVE OFFICER” on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.