OCG Kenya Mission Vacancy
Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a Humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
Job Title: Deputy Medical Coordinator
Location: Coordination Office, Nairobi
Start date: August 2018
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance (Includes 3 month probationary period)
Work location: Nairobi Coordination Office
Main Purpose: Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to MSF protocols, standards, policies and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus improving their overall health and living conditions.
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the MSF country policy and annual plan, by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
- At the request of the Medical Coordinator, representing MSF before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests, through regular contacts with other actors in the country, negotiating with authorities when necessary, and informing on MSF charter, values and principles
- Participating and contributing in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan and budgets in order to develop the projects and programmes aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality ( i.e. monitoring the project implementation, assisting the Project
- Coordinator and the medical teams in drafting the project proposal and follow up, identifying priority needs, other potential areas of action and emergency situations and collaborating and assisting in the production of medical reports)
- Coaching, training and motivating the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with MSF values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving MSF quality standards (i.e. induction, briefing/debriefing, training, potential detection, evaluation)
- Collaborating, together with the logistics department and according to project needs, in the pharmacy management in order to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material (i.e. review of medical orders and monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects)
- Assisting in defining and implementing the staff health and security policies for international and national staff in order to ensure its overall safety (i.e. monitors both physical and mental health state of staff, promotes compliance of all related protocols and procedures and collaborates in the update of issues regarding the security context)
- Ensuring the Medical Coordination in the Mission and fully assuming the Medical Coordinator’s tasks and responsibilities in case of absence/gaps.
Education: Essential degree on medicine or other paramedical studies. Training in tropical medicine or Public Health will be an asset
Experience: Essential 2-5 years’ experience in relevant jobs, in MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
Languages: Mission language- English and Kiswahili
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Strategic Vision
- People Management and Development
- Service Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 15th August 2018 to http://uhired.me/job/210
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)