Nairobi Waldorf School
Job Advert: Pedagogical Team Leader
Reporting To: The School Manager
Application Deadline: Friday, 24th August, 2018
Background: The Nairobi Waldorf School was founded in 1992. What our school has to offer through Waldorf education is as relevant as ever, with the increasing demand of modern life and its related social, political and economic issues, all of which require creative solutions.
Our school has established a nurturing and growing community, which shares the simple vision of raising our children holistically in true consciousness and love, with the goal of enabling them to contribute towards establishing a more peaceful and sustainable Kenya and Global community.
We are among Africa’s oldest Waldorf schools and with the support and commitment of our highly qualified Teachers, generosity and guidance of our Mentors, the faith of our Parents, and steadfast commitment of present and former Board of Trustees we have grown steadily in spite of numerous challenges.
We offer both Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable and happy human beings.
Job Purpose: The purpose for this position includes management of the activities and projects of the NWS curriculum; staff professional development to ensure they realise their potential as Waldorf teachers; teaching schedule and substitution needs; focal person that provides strategic pedagogical leadership to the faculty and works with parents to ensure that each child’s educational needs are met.
- Chairing meetings of the Pedagogical Team
- Lead and be accountable for the effective and efficient development, implementation of the pedagogic team performance plan (PTPP). This includes curriculum development and effective management of the teaching staff.
- Guide the development of the teaching staff to ensure that the school structures, curriculum, philosophy and available resources enable all the teachers to achieve the highest possible standards.
- Lead and guide all teaching staff and students, through the direct leadership of the school’s pedagogical team, ensuring that effective responsibility is delegated through an appropriate leadership structure
- Ensure the highest possible standards of Waldorf Education through the promotion of effective teaching and learning
- Provide the School Board with regular reports on pedagogical development and activities, and consult with the Board wherever appropriate
- Be accountable, for the effectiveness, efficiency and quality outcomes of all pedagogical aspects of the school
- Ensure maximum and efficient utilization of the existing teaching staff, and promote an environment that enables all teachers to effectively contribute to the progress and development of the school whilst promoting, workload / work-life balance
- Ensure maximum implementation of the Health, Safety, Security and Environmental protocols or the protection and safeguarding of the students, making sure that they are given high priority at all times.
- Lead the engagement, consultation and communication between teachers, parents, and other care givers to enhance pupil’s learning. (This includes, the shadow teachers).
- Listen to all learners
- Foster a fair, open and equitable culture amongst teachers, and ensure cohesion amongst all teaching staff.
- Find creative ways to motivate empower and celebrate achievement amongst teachers.
- Ensure that all decisions made are done with a full understanding of the school’s objective and financial health.
- Lead in the assessment of teachers and the utilization of assessment results, feedback to make improvements.
- Lead in the recruitment of teachers; induction, provide on-going support and mentoring; supervising, developing, evaluating, disciplining and terminating in liaison with the School Manager and Human Resource Coordinator
- Enrolment and retention strategy development with continuous monitoring and evaluation.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Must hold a Master in Education Science, Education Administration and Leadership
- Bachelor of Education
- Diploma Waldorf / Steiner with teaching experience will be an added advantage
- Must be registered with TSC
- Computer Literate
- At least 8 years of teaching experience from class 1 – 8
- Professional with leadership; budgeting; conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lead change, manage risks and work in a multicultural setting
- An assertive person of integrity
Submitting your application
If you are interested and meet the outlined qualifications and skills, send your CV with 3 referees and cover letter only. Clearly state your current and expected salary to email@example.com by Friday 24th August, 2018.
Write the position title on the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, Nairobi Waldorf School (NWS) is an equal opportunity employer.