RECRUITMENT: FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
Nanga Organization is a registered Non-Government Organisation in Kenya, registered by the NGO Coordination Board and is part of the Kickstart Kids International network. Our mission is “To work with impoverished communities in sustainable ways to kickstart the lives of orphans and vulnerable children.
Nanga values openness, transparency and equality in all its dealings with the local communities we serve and partners we work alongside. Our values are openness, transparency and equality.
Nanga founded and operates Olturoto Children’s Village (OCV) as one of its projects in Kenya.
OLTUROTO CHILDRENS VILLAGE
Olturoto Children’s Village (OCV) is a children’s home established in Isinya, Kajiado County in Kenya with the aim of providing transitional, family-based, quality, alternative care to orphaned and vulnerable children. OCV was officially opened on 26th June 2014 and is a duly registered Charitable Children’s Institution (CCI).
The ultimate goal of all activities at OCV is to provide a conducive environment in which the children can develop/regain positive self-concepts. OCV provides transitional, family-based, quality, alternative care to orphaned and vulnerable children in need of rescue from abuse, neglect, abandonment and FGM/early marriage.
Our four programme areas: –
- Child Protection
- Empowerment & Sustainability
- Advocacy & Legal Aid
- Community Projects
We are seeking to recruit a Fundraising Coordinator to apply his/her professional skills under the guidance of the General Manager to fundraise through grant applications, events and other agreed upon fundraising activities with the main aim of successfully contributing to the financial
viability and overall sustainability of the organization.
Further details are as below.
JOB DESCRIPTION – FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
Job Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Reports to: General Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi
JOB PURPOSE: Ensuring that all available opportunities for raising funds for the organization are successfully exploited and maintained, contributing to the financial viability and overall sustainability of the organization.
Working in the Best Interest of the Organization
The Fundraising Coordinator must ensure that all his/her actions and decisions as an employee are undertaken in the best interest of the organization and that the agreed upon code of ethics is adhered to.
Duties and responsibilities
- To develop and implement a fundraising plan for the organization which will achieve the goals for sustainable funding, the development of projects (CAPEX), and delivery of core operations (OPEX)
- To acquire and develop a strong fundraising portfolio and relevant contacts;
- To identify and develop suitable fundraising opportunities, new projects and funds;
- To cultivate and nurture successful and productive relationships with current and potential corporate/foundation sponsors and individual donors;
- To accurately monitor fundraising progress and produce quality reports for internal and external parties as required;
- To Identify sources and prepare compelling grant proposals and bids to corporate, foundation, private granting agencies and government funders;
- To create and manage fundraising or marketing budgets.
- To expand the organization’s network through the development of new and beneficial relationships;
- To contribute to promotional newsletters and other publications to raise awareness of the work and the organization’s aims
- To maintain and update all social media platforms with relevant news and campaigns in order to ignite fundraising interest and opportunities
- To develop and contribute to the organization’s communication strategy (in relation to fundraising) as required
- To attend and participate in necessary fundraising meetings and pitches
- To network effectively and ensure the organization is maximizing opportunities for funding and development at all times;
- To maintain organized and efficient records of all activities and contacts;
- To maintain an up to date awareness of organization’s activities so that fundraising activities are appropriate and informed correctly.
- To participate in planning, management and execution of annual fundraising events including, development and solicitation of corporate sponsorship, coordination of logistics,
- Degree in Marketing or Communication from a duly recognized university or related area with at least 3 years of relevant experience working in a fundraising or strong sales & marketing role.
- Diploma in Marketing or Communication with over 5 years of fundraising and/or Sales & Marketing experience
- Proven track record in fundraising or sales with at least 1m and above raised
- Strong and proven influencing and negotiating skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and fluency in Kiswahili and English
- Excellent proposal and grant writing skills
- Experience in professional social media engagement
- Proven relationship building skills, with the ability to engender trust and loyalty from involved parties;
- Basic skills in administrating and updating websites
- Ability to mobile and engage both individual and organizational networks
- A good understanding of the issues surrounding vulnerable children
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Computer literate and proficient at using email as a primary method of communication
- Ability to present progress reports and updates to the Board of Trustees
- Pro-active and creative in identifying and developing new fundraising opportunities
- Highly ethical individual who is passionate about children and fundraising for causes
- Resolute and committed to achieving high quality standards of work
- Well organized, self-directed, flexible and committed to achieving high standards
- Results-oriented with the ability to be creative and innovative
- Membership to Kenya Association of Fundraising Professionals will be an added advantage
All Nanga staff are expected to work in the following manner:-
- Work within the framework of OCVs core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement.
- Work towards achieving programme objectives.
- Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all OCV policies and procedures in particular the child protection policy.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
- Undertake the role in a manner appropriate to the cultural context and within the local legal framework.
Interested candidates must submit letters of interest and their CV’s to email@example.com by 30th August 2018
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF CERTIFICATES.
Candidates MUST provide their current salary and expected salary in the application form.
REQUIRED: Certificate of good conduct.
Nanga Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
No canvassing allowed.