Vacancy: Public Relations (PR) Officer
Our client, an NGO currently operating in over 20 countries, are looking for a Public Relations (PR) Officer to organize and oversee PR activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public.
As a PR Officer, you should be an organized and cool-tempered professional who is able to handle a crisis. You should have a creative mind and excellent communication skills.
If you are also confident in your public speaking and project management abilities, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to cultivate a positive image for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities for (PR) Officer:
- Design daily and weekly online key messages with supporting info-graphics
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Respond to current affairs in relation to the organization activities
- Edit events content including programs, concept notes, session descriptions and speaker profiles.
- Collaborate with internal teams and maintain open communication with senior management
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Organize PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the organization’s spokesperson
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Manage PR issues
- Monitor social media platforms and provide monthly reports; and activity based reports
Qualifications Requirements for (PR) Officer:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience working with NGO will be an added advantage
- Comfortable making presentations to large groups of people
- Good in using Microsoft office applications- word, excel, publisher and PowerPoint
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and efficient, with excellent attention to detail
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Public Relations Officer) to: email@example.com before 20th September 2018.
N.B: Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet the above minimum set selection criteria.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV