Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Software Developer for one of our clients; OKAKI Africa.
OKAKI is seeking intermediate to senior software developers to join their growing team in Nairobi, Kenya. OKAKI Africa Limited, the Kenyan subsidiary, supports OKAKI with bringing new technologies to market in the health and social service sectors in North America. Successful candidates will assist in the design, construction and enhancement of OKAKI’s custom software products and tools.
OKAKI offers technical team members excellent opportunities for continuous learning and professional development in a results-oriented environment.
Equally important,team members are able to contribute, through their work, to positive change and impact in community and population health. The position will be based in Nairobi Kenya.
Applicants MUST meet all essential qualifications in order to be considered.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Four-year college degree with a major in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Good working knowledge of MS SQL Server and Transact-SQL
- At least 4 years of recent experience programming in Microsoft .Net, preferably in C#
- A high degree of proficiency in data modelling, SQL, and database design
- Candidate must demonstrate a pattern of continual personal and professional development and at least a familiarity with current concepts in the field of software development.
- Ability to work in a self-directed as well as a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines
- Must have home office with access to fast, reliable internet connectivity
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience with web services, SOA, or SaaS development
- 1+ years of recent experience developing in Silverlight or WPF
- 1+ years of recent experience with RIA or WCF
- Proficiency in C#, XAML, and Microsoft Entity Framework (or other ORM, such as NHibernate)
- Proficiency with object-oriented design and programming
- Familiarity with asynchronous programming patterns, AJAX, XML, SOAP and JSON.
- Proficiency in the application of design patterns
- Experience with various third-party control suites (Telerik, Infragistics,
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “3440”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3440 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 14th September 2018
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.