Ol Jogi, a Wildlife Conservancy in Laikipia Region, Kenya is looking for an experienced, high energy, high capacity, and achievement oriented full time Human Resources Manager.
This position reports to the Finance and Administration Manager and is responsible for the efficient and progressive establishment and formalization of the Human Resource department through a wide variety of functions which include strategic planning, supervising and providing consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, labor relations and HR administration.
This is an exciting hands-on opportunity that provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to apply all their experience and professional knowledge in establishing and shaping a fully functioning department within a highly diversified workforce.
Duties will include:
- Establishing a fully functioning and professionally run HR department
- Preparing the Human Resource budget and strategic plan; estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances and ensuring their execution
- Maintaining management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintaining historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Providing guidance in assessing organizational structures and implementing structural changes
- Supporting, implementing and administering the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, on boarding, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human resources needs of the organization and ensuring that the organisational human resources targets are met
- Maintaining and updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintaining organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Designing and leading the development of compensation and benefits systems: conducting periodic salary surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing salary budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual salary actions; recommending, planning, and implementing salary structure revisions.
- Ensuring planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Liaising with employer and employee agencies; unions, Labour office and FKE to ensure fair and equal treatment of staff and management
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; and representing the organization at hearings.
- Driving and instilling a team approach among staff towards accomplishing the Ol Jogi mission as well as managing, coaching, inspiring, and growing the team
- Leading selected change management initiatives
- Any other duties relating to the function
Skills & Experience desired
- Proven ability to build a Human Resources department from scratch
- Professional qualification in human resource management (CHRP, HND)
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or related field.
- A minimum of ten years of progressive experience with at least five of those in Senior management in a high performing, fast moving environment
- Knowledge and experience with best practices in people operations.
- Willingness to live in a remote location
- MBA is a plus
- Experience of working in conservation and/or Tourism industry will be beneficial but not essential
- Emotional intelligence, flexible work style, excellent diplomatic skills across all levels of the organization with the ability to inspire others to achieve a common objective
- Unfailing attention to detail
- High degree of integrity and dependability
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
- Salary and benefits will be discussed at time of interview and/or any offer being made and will be commensurate with experience and equivalent roles within the industry and the business itself.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application with a copy of their CV and MUST indicate their expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th August 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.