One Acre Fund
We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Field Operations Administrative Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Eastern (Imenti and Manyatta)
REPORTS TO: Administrative Associate Manager
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world.
One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access. Our program is proven impactful-
every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve over 600,000 farm families with more than 6,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
One Acre Fund is seeking to fill the position of Field Operations Administrative Assistant. The candidate will become the Administrative Assistant to a field district office. He/she will support the administrative and delivery functions of the district and regional offices.
The job will be a 3-month contract position.
- Manage and regularly update the staffing database for Operations Management
- Support in managing and monitoring planting, by data entering and maintaining Planting Tracker Database
- Support in all administrative support tasks, including copying, scanning, taking minutes, and so on
- Coordinate logistics for district meetings and trainings
- Compile KPIs and other district data entry tasks
- Put together district budgets and procurement requests
- Ensure prompt and accurate payment of casuals and all other district related payments
- Collect and fill receipts for all transactions
- Manage the regional emergency buffer and expense log
- Quality Check and issue Roster reports
- Distribute district-level repayment analyses and reports for Field Officers and Field Managers as instructed by Operations Management
- Deliver sustainability or finance trainings to field staff as required (such as use of phone number collection forms, Group Leader change forms, input verification forms, Funeral Insurance claims forms, and so on) and explain tools or data sources as required to support field staff
- Collect materials and forms and hand over to Business Operations Department
- Update district-specific tools as requested by Field Leaders or Operations Management (that is, tools to track weekly collections and percentages) using Excel
- Act as a liaison with Business Operations Department to raise any concerns related to repayment reports or roster issues
Product Warranty Processing
- Receive and Quality Check all product warranty requests to ensure the product is eligible for repair or replacement
- Process all valid product warranty requests, fill database, and send to the Headquarter office for processing
- Follow-up with Product Team and track incoming products to return to Field Officers
- Follow-up with members to ensure Field Officers delivered repaired products
Funeral Insurance Processing
- Review all incoming Funeral Insurance claim forms and refund requests to ensure the client is registered and all required information has been submitted to stakeholders
- Process all claims in the FIRST Database and submit all required information to Finance for processing
- Support in Funeral Insurance Claims follow-up in collaboration with Business Operations Team and support to Field staff on filling forms
- Organize for Staff and Products Kits delivery and return as needed
- Receive inventory and materials at Monday Meetings, signing off on amounts and distributing to field staff as appropriate
- Submitting documentation of receipt of goods back to the logistics team
- Quality Check and oversee return of IDS on all non-ID items to ensure compliance and report violations to HR Office Administrator
- General organization of the district/hub office and maintaining supplies of stationary and equipment
- Maintain and manage district property and inventories
- Liaise with IT department to ensure functioning of all IT equipment in district/regional offices
- Maintain communication and relationships with district relevant vendors
- Represent One Acre Fund as the front face of the Office
- Assist in any other duties requested by Field Operations, depending on capacity and within reason
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Should have a college Diploma or Bachelors’ Degree
- Preferably have Office Management background
- Practical Computer Skills in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Attention to details.
- Positive attitude.
- Able to multitask
- Proficient in speaking English
- Ready to work in Eastern
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Field Operations Administrative Assistant and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 5th September, 2018.
CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.