One Acre Fund
We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Job Vacancy: Senior CDM / Data Analysis Supervisor
Job Location: Kakamega
Reports To: Logistics Data Unit Lead
Organization Description: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access. Our program is proven impactful-every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 0ver 500,000 farm families with more than 5,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
Job Description: The Senior CDM/Data Analysis Supervisor is the data hub of the Logistics team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for using data to improve both planning and execution; provide support to our team by helping to set up, implement and manage tracking tools for critical data.
The Supervisor drives our accountability to data, analysing it to help the team to make sense of the information we gather in order to ensure we improve processes and results. Their data-wrangling and interpretation skills will also be the solid foundation upon which we build our scale capabilities.
If you are a data whiz looking to test your skills on some of the trickiest and most interesting datasets around, with the bonus of real impact as a result of your hard work, then this role is perfect for you. You’ll also learn the ins and outs of a highly professional team, how to work across a department and how to build and plan for scale.
- Define data points needed to measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Objective Key Results (OKRs) and Controls progress
- Set up and use appropriate tracking mechanisms for all defined data and KPIs
- Create data dashboards to measure staff and operations’ performance
- Work with Logistics datasets to extract key learnings and identify gaps in processes
- Manipulate and wrangle Logistics’ datasets to provide specific analyses to sub-units of the Logistics team
- Build models and tools to support the Logistics team’s core work
- Use data gathered to provide regular performance reports to the management team
- Drive data accountability and data QC efforts among the Logistics team
- Support the design, implementation and data gathering for a CSAT process
- Support documentation control and storage
- Generate and help build new policies and processes in support of data scalability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or related field
- Strong data management ability: Data cleaning, data analysis, data wrangling, data presentation and dataset design
- 2 years of work experience in some form of data analysis & wrangling work
- At least one data wrangling software, in addition to advanced Excel skills, such as Pandas, Python or R script
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
- Some experience training others on data analysis is useful, but not essential
- Detail oriented and demonstrates high quality work
- A critical thinker
- Excellent English & Swahili – clear and coherent communicator
- Strong oral and written communication skills
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Senior CDM/Data Analysis Supervisor and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 14th August, 2018.
CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
- You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
- One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.