One Acre Fund
We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Job Vacancy: Sr. Monday Deliveries Supervisor
Job Location: Kakamega
Reports To: Senior Rest of Year Supervisor
Organization Description: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential.
Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access.
Our program is proven impactful-every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 0ver 600,000 farm families with more than 6,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
Job Description: The Sr. Monday Deliveries Supervisor manages and oversees the Monday delivery process. They are responsible for correct and accurate Monday delivery, planning and execution.
The Sr. Monday Deliveries Supervisor will also act as a liaison person between Logistics team and other stakeholders like procurement, print, product support and orders. They are also expected to engage stakeholders on a continuous process improvement and adoption plan.
- Support the delivery process improvement, adoption and implementation
- Act as a liaison person between procurement, orders, print and logistics
- Planning and execution of an effective delivery system
- Analysis of Monday deliveries cost and advisory roles to stakeholder on monthly usage
- Supports in accurate Piki sourcing and Payment for transporters on a weekly basis
- Work with Logistics management to set and measure unit OKRs, KPIs and budgets
- Provide professional development opportunities and coaching to their direct reports
- Support management in any staff training or hiring processes for their unit
- Support the implementation/growth of mechanisms which improve team culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply chain
- Broad knowledge and experience in supply chain and warehousing
- Demonstrated ability to withstand pressure, work for longer hours and be receptive to feedback
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams and show integrity
- Teamwork: demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect: extends dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity: foster trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation: brings creativity to workplace
- Ambitious: thrives on new challenges and opportunities to contribute on a large and small scale. Eager to learn, teach, enhance current logistic practices and develop new standard operating procedures
- Task Oriented: driven by milestones and deadlines. Stays organized under pressure and enjoys fast paced environment
- Reliable: takes pride in meeting deadlines, exceeding expectations and being accountable for mission critical endeavours
- Superior skills in Project and People Management
- Excellent skills in Advanced Excel analysis (including at least Pivot Tables, V-Lookup & Array Formulas)
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP reporting skills strongly preferred
- Language: English and Kiswahili required
Career growth and development: We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Sr. Monday Deliveries Supervisor and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 21st August, 2018.
CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.