Job Title: Pastry Chef
Our client is a well-established hotel located in Mogadishu.
They seek to hire a competent and innovative Pastry Chef to responsible for the preparation and presentation of a broad array of cakes, pastries, desserts and breads which meet customer expectations.
- Create new pastry and dessert menus for all restaurant outlets and banquets, conduct tastings and presentations with photos and costing
- Develop and maintain up-dated operations manuals for all food production and Stewarding sections and make recipes and maintain up- dated and accurate costing of all Pastry dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation
- preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines
- Inspect several times daily all food stores and refrigerated areas to avoid spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items
- Check food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control on a daily basis
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines.
- ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the Pastry/Bakery kitchen, such as machinery and small kitchen equipment
- Education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc)
- Minimum 3 years in a pastry kitchen role, preferably with a 5-star Hotel chain
- International experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Pastry Chef – Mogadishu) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 27th August 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.