Pathfinder International is the prime contractor for the USAID Afya Pwani Program in Kenya.
Afya Pwani seeks to improve and increase access and utilization of quality health services in Kenya through strengthened service delivery and institutional capacity of County health systems in Taita Taveta, Kwale, Mombasa, Kilifi and Lamu Counties.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual in the following area:
Communications Manager / Technical Writer
The Communications Manager / Technical Writer will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Pathfinder International Kenya internal and external communications.
- Develop, produce, disseminate and distribute Afya Pwani and Pathfinder International- Kenya communication materials in clear and accessible manner for a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Serve as the point of contact with USAID Kenya on media and public relations matters as well as the in-house expert on branding, marking, and positioning of Afya Pwani communications materials and deliverables.
- Providing advice to the Chief of Party, other staff members, grantees and Afya Pwani, partners on media engagement, deliverables, outreach, communications and public relations issues.
- Work with Program, Finance and Administrative teams to ensure timely submission of high quality quarterly, semi-annual, annual and end of program reports to donors and HQ.
- Coordinate and manage updates to program documents; work closely with Program Technical and Research and Metrics Unit (RMU) staff to revise content and edit, for clarity, readability, consistency and grammar.
- Ad hoc support to all of Kenya’s Pathfinder offices and the Pathfinder Uganda office specifically copy editing of quarterly / annual reports as well as other technical and information education communication materials produced by these offices.
- Provide technical writing support, strategic input as well as help facilitate partner meetings and design workshops for funding proposals and new business development.
- Liaise with HQ staff, field teams and prospective partners to coordinate technical input for funding proposals.
The successful candidate should possess a Master’s Degree in Knowledge Management and/or a development area or a Master’s Degree in any Social Science disciplines from a recognized university.
He/She must have at least 5 years’ professional communications experience as a writer/editor preferably in Reproductive Health, International Health and/or HIV/AIDS.
The candidate should demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, high level of conceptual and strategic thinking as well as writing and editing skills.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV and cover letter; detailing current and expected salary, referees as well as daytime telephone contacts to the following email address: KenyaJobs@pathfinder.org.
Closing date for applications is 16th August 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Pathfinder International Kenya wishes to all alert members of the public to exercise extreme caution that our organization handles all recruitments directly through our Human Resources Department and not recruiting agencies.
*Pathfinder International is an equal opportunity employer*