The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
Introduction: The KCCB – Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following key position.
Programe Officer – Social Protection Dreams
In its Commission for Education and Religious Education
- Provide Social Protection (SP) technical assistance (TA) through trainings, mentorship and support to staff and lay workers supporting the project. The Program Officer, Social Protection, will focus on areas such as social asset building, cash transfers (CT), economic empowerment, school re‐integration and post violence care,
- Coordinate SP capacity building and mentorship programs,
- Conduct site‐level support supervision and mentorship to ensure SP interventions are being implemented according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and in a quality manner,
- Support in overseeing program SP monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities to measure progress and to systematically assess whether intended objectives are being achieved.
- Support in the guidance of documentation while ensuring data is properly captured and reported per donor intervention and donor guidance.
develop and maintain program workplans, making changes and updates as appropriate,
- Liaise with stakeholders including the County Government, Ministry of Education and
- Children’s Department as directed and appropriate.
- Keep up to date on all DREAMS program activities and maintain close contact with other DREAMS partners and collaborators as necessary.
- Keep abreast and updated on the trends and developments in strengthening social protection programming, thinking and directions in Kenya.
- BS or BA in Social Sciences, Public Health, Gender Studies, with at least five (5) years’ relevant work experience; DREAMS project social protection, Gender and HIV/AIDS program experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of or experience in program management and support procedures with a focus on PEPFAR’s DREAMS package of interventions.
- Commitment to understanding and responding to the most urgent needs and rights of vulnerable youth and HIV/AIDS positive children and their families.
- Proven ability to implement multidimensional projects with a focus on HIV/AIDS, social asset building, cash transfers, child protection, Sexual and Gender‐Based Violence.
- Proven experience in working with the children’s department, MoE, CSOs and other relevant social protection stakeholders.
- Experience with U.S. Government donor compliance and reporting.
- Ability to develop and maintain close relationships with various stakeholders.
- Self‐starter and strong multi‐tasking and problem‐solving skills.
- Personal and professional maturity and judgment.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
- English and Swahili fluency is essential, Luo fluency will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and the Internet
- Must have a very clear idea of the Catholic Social Teachings
Extent of carrying out duties and responsibilities above.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to: –
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
Applications must reach us on or before 16th August 2018