Job Vacancy: QHSE and Security Manager – Engineering
Our client is a Marine and Offshore Engineering Company involved in ship repair, machining and steel fabrication services.
They seek to hire a competent and well experienced candidate who will be responsible for the management and evaluation of the Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Security of the plant.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Key Role: Conducting site visit for assessment, QHSE monitoring and evaluation by Instilling safety awareness to employees and promoting best practice at all times with regards to safety in all areas of work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure a continued process of improvement in the standards of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment and Security.
- Provides direction and guidance to the management team and employees on QHSE issues within the workplace.
- Maintain and regularly review all related documentation in line with legal requirements.
- Update and ensure documentation is easily available to all personnel when in need
- Provide training as and when required.
- Devise the company’s QHSE plan and ensure its implementation.
- Manage the Quality assurance and Quality control operations
- Ensure attainment of superior industry quality standards
- Maintain security linkages with government security agencies and stake holders
- Investigate incidences and recommend appropriate solutions
- Site visit for assessment and QHSE monitoring and evaluation.
- Instilling safety awareness to employees
- Promote best practice at all times with regards to safety at work in all areas.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering / Safety and Health Management
- Registered Engineer with Engineering Board of Kenya (EBK) or equivalent
- Over 5 years’ experience and knowledge in Quality, Health and Safety & Environment
- Experience in Security and implementation of Security systems
- Collaboration with government agencies and other security agencies on security matters ISO – 9001: 2015 Knowledge and implementation
- Strong conceptualizing, creative skills, ability to generate ideas and concepts
- Comprehensive experience creating design models and drawings
- Well-developed communication, collaborative skills and organizational awareness
- Extraverted, analytical thinker and a team player
- Disciplined in work approach with representative behaviour.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (QHSE and Security Manager- Engineering) to Jobs@corporatestaffing.co.ke before Monday 20th August 2018
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate Staffing Services
Mayfair Suites, 4th floor, Westlands