Job Title: Retail Outlet Manager – Hospitality
Gross Salary: 200k – 250k
Location: Nairobi with extensive travel across Kenya
Our client is an oil marketing company.
They seek to hire an experienced Retail Outlet Manager to set up and run the franchise restaurants for the company.
S/He must have prior experience managing multiple restaurants as they will work closely with senior management and operating partners on strategic business planning and operations.
S/He will also oversee the daily operations and monthly financial performance of the outlets.
- Create brand guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Comply with legal requirements
- Create a unique, innovative, entertaining and cost effective menu that will differentiate the organization from the rest of the competition.
- Help create the ideal kitchen layout and assist in sourcing the equipment and fittings required for the restaurants
- Assist with creation of the look and feel of the restaurant: Colors, materials, décor, uniforms, merchandize, plates, cutlery etc.
- Support the operating partner in training staff and implementing procedures; ensuring the company’s standard is maintained at all times
- Develop supplier contracts for all product categories for the outlets to support the menu choice.
- Manage compliance with food and beverage hygiene policies and procedures.
- Manage external service providers.
- Oversee cost controlling and food purchasing activity.
- Implementation of a dedicated IT system for cafe/restaurant explicit and supermarket.
- Create and document policies and procedures including but not limited to stock management, Customer service, HR policy, Quality control and OSHA.
- Create and source for the equipment and fittings required for the restaurants
- Bachelors’ Degree in Hospitality Management or a related field
- Experience in Business Management and Operations
- Must have over 5 years’ experience in Restaurant Operations
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management
- Familiarity with project management and IT systems
- International experience is desirable but not a requirement
- Must have leadership skills and be a team player.
- Proficiency in any hotel operating and accounting system and Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity and mature
- They should also be dynamic and a team player
- Should also have experience in internal auditing and in all areas of accounting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Retail Outlet Manager – Hospitality) to email@example.com before 20th August 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted