Riziki Children’s Home
Job Title: House Parent
Location: Mangu, Nakuru
Person reports to: Project Director
Person Supervises: All Staff
Purpose of Job: To make a difference in the lives of children, youth and adolescents. The Houseparent will be required to create a family oriented environment and to provide guidance, emotional and physical support to our children.
To carry out the duties and responsibilities listed below, in respect of Riziki Children’s Organization.
- Applicants must be single (Female) 28 years of age and above.
- Strictly a certificate or diploma in social work and at least two years experience working with children.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and physical health exams.
- The House Parent must be creative, consistent, patient, compassionate, and serious about responsibility.
- Modelling a Christian life is very important.
- This is a very difficult live in, full-time position, in a rural setting with one day off a week.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Managing stock (food and non food items); producing a house, shopping list once a month
- Supervise staff and delegate duties as needed to make sure all is in order in the house at all times
- Keep and maintain proper records of all children
- Provide spiritual training and teach independent life skills to the children
- Be a source of counsel to the children on all matters
- Develop a holistic functional house timetable (School Days and Holidays)
- Prepare the children for school every day
- Accompany children to church and doctor appointments
- Strict implementation of house conduct
- Homework assistance
- Preparing meals and meal menus
- Light housekeeping and minor farm work
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by a detailed CV and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials from applicants who meet the above qualifications and are up to the challenge should be sent to the address below before 15th September 2018.
Riziki Children’s Organization