PMI VectorLink Kenya Project
Roving Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant – Advanced
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks candidates to assist in implementing in six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike) in Migori and Eight Sub- counties (Rangwe, Homabay Township, Ndhiwa, Mbita, Rachuonyo North, Kabondo, Kasipul and Suba) in Homabay county Kenya in the following temporary positions:
NB: These positions will be on a short term contract, not more than 2 months and/or on need basis.
Position: Roving Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant – Advanced
Supervisor: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: Vector link Operational site, Kenya
No. required: 1
Overall Purpose: To manage efficient data quality and reporting across the Vector link Country project sites in co-ordination with Vector link project M&E Manager. S/He will ensure timely data flow from the field to the data centre, correct capture of the same in the database and reporting on IRS key indicators.
- Support availability and proper use of accurate and latest data collection tools across project sites both during trainings and during IRS
- Support data verification at the data collection points before submission to the county data centre
- Coordinate with the data centre to ensure required data is uploaded to the database and updates sent to project country M&E Manager in a timely manner.
- Mentor field teams on project indicators to ensure defined variables are understood and captured correctly
- Mentor the data entry clerks, sub county M&E assistants and field reporting staff on data quality and reporting
- Plan and organise daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly projections for data management needs across different sites
- Ensure data quality through conducting verification at community household/structure level
- Provide feedback to the field teams on data quality and follow up to ensure action is taken
- Attend and participate in supervision debrief meetings
- Review summary reports from different counties and troubleshoot to solve data quality issues
- Support reporting via mHealth
- Support IRS M&E activities pre, post and during the campaign
Required qualifications and experience:
- Training at degree level in biostatistics, Statistics, public health, epidemiology or IT related course with experience in M&E and or research.
- 1 year experience desirable in IRS M&E role or an active M&E role
- Additional professional training in M&E will be an added advantage
- Willingness to conduct regular field visits to different counties
- Willingness to reside within the county of duty
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness and flexibility to work long and unsociable hours
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to Kenya_IRSJobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “Roving Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant” and specify the location/ward preferred by COB Wednesday, September 12th, 2018.
Please note that where there are multiple duty locations indicated for a position advertised above, the candidate is encouraged to state the most preferred duty location in the subject line as well.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.