Career Opportunity: Information Technology Specialist (ICT for Development Specialist)
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES) is a USAID funded project in Kenya that aims to enhance employability of Kenyan youth (Ages 18-35) for increased wage and self-employment, underemployed youth who have not completed secondary school.
K-YES project is a 5 year activity that will result in increased workforce competitiveness in the sectors targeted currently implementing in Nairobi, Kwale, Kericho, Bungoma, West Pokot, Migori, Kisii, Nyeri & Garissa Counties. We seek to recruit an Information Technology Specialist (ICT for Development Specialist) to be based in Nairobi.
Seven months contract
Information Technology Specialist
The IT Specialist will perform IT related duties in support of the K-YES team including field office across the country.
She/he will be responsible for supporting PCs (Windows 7, Windows 10/ Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 2016) and Windows 2008 server, ensuring proper maintenance and data backups, setting up, maintaining, and supporting the IT and network infrastructure including additional project offices.
Assist with technical specifications, budget, and forecast the IT requirements for the offices and coordinate the procurement for the same, maintain proper inventory of IT equipment for the project offices, provide first tier support and end user training on hardware and software usage, perform user acceptance testing and deployment support, among other tasks.
- Supporting PCs, ensure Windows and other software are maintained and that patches are promptly applied on Computers in the project offices with support to Windows 2008 Server.
- Maintain network infrastructure including Internet connections, perimeter equipment, network switches, wireless access points, printers, Cisco IP phones etc.
- Setting up, maintaining, and supporting the IT infrastructure for additional project offices as they are established
- Assist with technical specifications, budget, and forecast the IT requirements for the offices and coordinate the procurement for the same and follow up on warranty claims for IT equipment.
- Supervise the performance of any local IT firms or staff hired to support the project offices.
- Follow up on warranty claims for IT equipment.
- Maintain proper inventory of IT equipment for the project offices.
- Ensure compliance with RTI Information Security policies, procedures and standards and train other project staff on IT policy
- First tier support and user acceptance Testing:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science and 3 years of relevant experience with management Information Systems (MIS) trainings, user training experience highly desired.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and work in a culturally diverse environment.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th August, 2018.
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V