RTI TUSOME & TAYARI Projects are actively looking for a Finance Manager.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Summary: Under the authority of the Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP-Operations) and the Regional Financial Controller, the Finance Manager will be responsible for RTI accounting and financial management for both TUSOME and TAYARI projects.
The Finance Manager ensures that national legislation is adhered to, and that the project complies with the host government regulations in ensuring efficient use of resources with a role to provide finance management support to the projects.
This position provides leadership on all the accounting and the financial management aspects of both TUSOME and TAYARI projects.
The position supervises the finance department and also ensures that timely financial information is provided to the project leadership, other departments and program staff for timely decision making. Must ensure that the project implementation is done in an environment of strong controls and that both projects comply with the terms of the agreement.
S/He will ensure appropriate systems and procedures( Cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and other related FM) are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report project funds which are cost effective and timely
- Overall responsible for sound financial management of both Tusome and Tayari projects.
- Provide line management to the projects’ finance team.
- Capacity building and training of project staff on RTI financial policies, procedures, processes and systems.
- Monitor and strengthen the projects’ internal control systems.
- Manage mobile money and bank disbursements to vendors, staff and training events participants.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of ledgers as posted in the accounting systems.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly accounting reports including trial balances, balance sheets, P&L statements to RTI Home Office. Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support Home Office based project coordinator in projects’ budget monitoring and control.
- Manage and oversee projects’ internal and external financial audits.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders such as banks, mobile money service providers and vendors.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor or the COP
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities
- An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Quick Books
- Experience in using of Mpesa / mobile money for business-to-consumer payments at a large scale.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant
- Demonstrated success managing and leading technical and administrative teams;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications
- Previous experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel frequently to the field offices.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online