We are looking for a seasoned accountant to join our team.
Duties and responsibilities of the job holder shall include but not limited to;
- Financial status: Preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cost accounting reports and preparing bank reconciliation statements.
- Data retrieval: Supervising timely input, storage and retrieval of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems
- Financial compliance: Examining and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Bookkeeping: Ensuring effective bookkeeping by keeping custody of receipts, expenditure forms, purchase orders and all other accounting records
- Petty Cash: Handling and managing petty cash and ensure approved cash expenditure payments are processed on a timely basis
- Establishing, maintaining and coordinating the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Records management: Developing, implementing, modifying, and documenting record-keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Statutory registration: Liaising with the HR representative to ensure all new staff members are registered with statutory bodies for the purpose of payroll data
- Managing the payroll system and ensuring confidentiality of payroll information while ensuring employee salaries are made on time
Preparation and Submission of Taxes
- Tax payments: Ensuring timely filing and payment of various taxes for example VAT, PAYE Withholding Tax etc. and preparing tax returns whilst ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements
- Representation: Representing the company before taxing authorities and providing support during litigation involving financial issues
- Liaising with tax advisors and authorities when necessary
Budget preparation and administration
- Budgets preparation: Developing, maintaining and analyzing budgets whilst preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs. This involves preparation and review of budgets, revenues, expenses, payroll entries, invoices and other accounting documents
- Analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels as well as ensuring expenditure control
- Interacting with external auditors in completing audits
- Substantiating financial transactions by auditing documents to review the company’s accounts to ensure its financial records are valid and legal
- Verifying and reconciling contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement
- Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Matching invoices to cheques, obtaining all signatures for cheques and distributing cheques accordingly
- Preparing and reviewing invoices for customers and vendors to assist with timely payment on outstanding balances
- Carrying out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Monitoring customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Reviewing AR aging to ensure compliance
- Maintaining accounts receivable customer files and records
- Following established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
- Developing recovery systems and initiating collection efforts
Cash flow analysis and Management
- Updating weekly cash flow statements
- Maintaining the operating cash flow
Perform any other duties that as may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor.
Skills & Competencies
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a high- paced environment
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to take instructions and tasks to completion.
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
- Customer service skills
Knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/accounting/Economics or any relevant field
- Professional Accounting trainings preferably Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K), ACCA
- 5(+) years’ hands on experience in payroll, taxation, auditing and General accounting
- Training in computerized accounting
- Conversant with taxation laws and statutory deductions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons to send their CVs (only) quoting job title and the current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 18th August 2018.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.