Job Vacancy: Senior Program Officer – AgriFin Digital Farmer Program
The AgriFin Digital Farmer program will operate in 4 African countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Nigeria) utilizing a market ecosystem approach, working with carefully selected partners to build sustainable models, where farm and crop management tools and financial services are “bundled” in affordable, unified platforms on mobile phone channels to promote mass uptake commercially.
The program involves three interrelated components that seek to address low farmer productivity and capability, and improve institutional ability to deliver appropriate financial and information products and build ecosystems to drive scale. We work with farmers, banks, mobile network operators, MFIs, research institutes and other ecosystem players in well-defined partnerships to sustainably bundle services, leveraging the offer and outreach of all partners, while increasing the range of services, access points and value for farmers.
The program works with partners to identify, prototype, test and scale successful mobile-enabled services for smallholders, with a key focus on expanding access to financial services, using a rapid iteration approach to product development and client-centric design techniques.
We are presently looking for a committed and dynamic individual to take up the position of a SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER, for our AgriFin Digital Farmer Program.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Program Officer will report directly to the Program Director, supporting strategic, impactful and high-quality programming in all ADP operating countries. The Senior Program Officer will also provide support to other activities related to the AgriFin Digital Farmer program, including field research and new product design and testing, as agreed with the Program Director, working to ensure smooth, timely, and high quality program implementation.
The senior program Officer will also work closely with the operations, monitoring evaluation and learning (MEL) team and the technical team to ensure all paper work related to program procurement and payments are processed on time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support to technical teams and country offices in development and implementation of partner engagements in the areas of research, product development and testing, as agreed with Program Director;
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all files, records and documents relating to AgriFin Digital Farmer activities of the project. This includes scopes of work for various consultancies , MOUs ,
- Review and assess information provided by the partner in the narrative and financial reports. Take follow- up action as required
- Verify that progress reports and financial reports are received from partners prior to report submission deadline
- Send timely monitoring reports with recommendations for follow-up action; report and suggest solutions for any concerns about partners or project related issues
- Work closely with operations to coordinate the compiling of documents for program related procurement and payments
- Provide support to the program director on scheduling, project management, reporting and preparation of TAs and expense reports
- Support coordination of technical team field work
- Coordinate the input of program related expenses for the monthly cash-flow projections
- Support documentation and disseminate lessons learned and best practices.
- Keep abreast of new developments in digital financial and other services for smallholder farmers and participate actively in listserv discussions from other country programs and NGOs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by AgriFin Digital Farmer senior management
Direct supervision of: N/A
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Program Director
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Director of Strategic Learning, Technical teams, Country Managers, Operations and Finance staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Microfinance, Business Administration, or banking and finance;
- Minimum three years working for a bank, MNO, non-governmental organization or a reputable international or national organization preferred;
- Experience with mobile money, financial services and/or technology for development preferred;
- Excellent Computer, verbal and written communication skills, including report development, writing and editing.
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Highly pro-active and self-disciplined;
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation a plus;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated experience in project management skills;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Willingness to travel approximately up to 15% of working month.
The ideal candidate will have a strong curiosity for understanding and working effectively within the four diverse countries which AgriFin Digital Farmer operates. S/he will be an excellent communicator, multi-tasker, and able to work in ambiguous situations.
S/he will be a tolerant and flexible individual able to work in difficult and stressful environments and follow procedures. S/he will be a team-player with a positive attitude toward problem solving and conflict resolution.
The successful candidate will be focused on team-building and capacity-building of national staff; be a strategic thinker, have strong skills in design monitoring and evaluation of development programs and maintain a sense of humor.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) listing three professional referees (including a recent supervisor) to email@example.com on or before Friday 24th August 2018 by 4.00pm.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title.
Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates. The estimated start date for position is November 1st 2018 contingent upon funding (Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates)
NB: Mercy Corps does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process
WE ENCOURAGE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY.
Senior Program Officer - AgriFin Digital Farmer Program
Economics and Statistics
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Job Vacancy: Senior Program Officer – AgriFin Digital Farmer Program
The AgriFin Digital Farmer program will operate in 4 African countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Nigeria) utilizing a market ecosystem approach, working with carefully selected partners to build sustainable models, where farm and crop management tools and financial services are “bundled” in affordable, unified platforms on mobile phone channels to promote mass uptake commercially.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.