Our client, an oil and gas company is desirous of recruiting an experienced and self-driven Senior Territory Officer, Lubricants, to expand consumer and industrial market segment through supplying technical information on company’s range of lubricants, achieve planned sales targets and brand awareness.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Lubricants, the Senior Territory Officer, will be tasked with the following:
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Promoting and growing the sale of lubricants through regular planned visits to distributors and customers;
- Monitoring day to day performance of station dealers and distributors;
- Collecting sales data, comparing sales performance with targets and providing advice on how to improve service to customers and increasing sales;
- Conducting market intelligence, competitor analysis and price surveys in lubricants;
- Preparing status reports including activities, closing sales, follow-up business as well as ensuring customer trade within approved trading terms and mange accounts receivables;
- Submitting detailed proposals to lubricants department on the range of opportunities available in the market based on research carried out;
- Participating in exhibitions to promote company lubricants;
- Coordinating sales promotions, campaigns and customer open days;
- Preparing customer prices for approval;
- Organizing dealer, distributor and forecourt staff technical trainings;
- Receiving and attending to lubricants customer complaints;
- Ensuring compliance to statutory requirements for business channels;
- Ensuring proper merchandising of lube shops where applicable;
- Enforcing compliance of SHEQ and operational procedures and regulations in all Distributor/Retail/ outlets in the region as may be assigned; and
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
Diploma in Sales or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in sales and marketing;
- Good relationship building skills;
- Selling skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Good negotiation skills; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of on-going clearance is admissible subject to satisfactory results (presentation of a clearance certificate from the above institutions) before the selection process.
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Applications should reach us not later than 17.00 hours on Wednesday 05th September 2018.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.