Senior Management Recruitment
Sheria SACCO Society Ltd is a Savings and credit cooperative society formally registered in 1972 with a growing membership of over 10,000 members pooled from the Judiciary, AG chambers, various Government Ministries, Business persons and anyone above the age of 18 years with an income.
The Society is a medium sized deposit taking Sacco licensed by SASRA with total assets in excess of 5 billion Kenya Shillings, mandated to mobilize savings and give credit to its members.
The Sacco’s vision is to be the preferred financial services provider, empowering members economically through mobilization of resources and provision of competitive products and services.
In pursuit of its transformative agenda the Society is seeking to recruit a dynamic, ambitious, and result-oriented individual to join the executive team, in the following position:
Head of Finance & Strategy
Job Ref: HFS/01/2018
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will plan, develop, and implement all the Organization’s financial management activities.
S/he will support the Chief Executive Officer in ensuring the SACCO’s strategic plan is well executed enabling the organization meets its objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Formulate the strategic operational objectives for the department in line with the overall corporate plan and ensure execution of the same.
- Lead the Finance team members to deliver all planned and agreed department and individual performance targets to ensure that the various sections are efficient and value adding to the Society.
- Regulate, supervise, and implement a timely, complete and accurate set of accounting books of the Society reflecting all its activities in a manner commensurate with the relevant legislation and regulation and internal guidelines set from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- Prepare timely financial statements and reports as required by all pertinent laws and regulations deemed necessary and demanded from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate effective treasury management to ensure effective cash flow and cash flow analysis.
- Prepare, control and monitor the Society’s revenue, capital, and expenditure budget to facilitate translation into action of the strategic and operation plans of the Society.
- Create and maintain strong financial discipline by planning, controlling and reporting on the Society financial performance to the Board of directors and the senior management team on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually.
- Ensure compliance with financial procedures and policies of the Society
- Liaise with External Auditors and SASRA to ensure that all financial transactions are compliant with existing regulatory instruments and accounting standards.
- To alert the executive management team and to warn it regarding any irregularity, lack of compliance, lack of adherence, whether actual or potential concerning the financial systems, the financial operations, the financing plans, the accounting, the audits, the budgets, and any other matter of a financial nature or which could or does have a financial implication.
- Maintain a good working relationship with members, banks, financial institutions, and capital markets with the aim of securing the funds necessary for the operations of the Society, the attainment of its development plans and its investments.
- Work with the CEO in formulation, implementation and monitoring of the society strategic plan.
Key qualifications, knowledge, and experience required:
- Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Qualified CPA (K) or ACCA holder;
- Membership of professional finance/accounting bodies e.g. ICPAK;
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a vibrant organization, two of which must be in a senior management position progressively within a busy finance, accounting, strategic planning department;
- Have expert business knowledge and proficiency in financial management, analytical research, leadership, corporate communication, and strategic planning;
- High standards of professionalism and integrity;
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
If you believe and can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the above roles, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail, and telephone contacts and quoting the reference number on your application letter.
To be considered, your application must be received via email, addressed to:
Application Deadline: Friday 31st August 2018