Well Told Story
Shujaaz Comic Producer
SHUJAAZ NEEDS YOU!
Are you creative, ambitious & hungry to work for an innovative, progressive & award-winning organisation?
If so, today could be your lucky day!
Well Told Story is looking for a PRODUCER for their renowned Shujaaz comic. Shujaaz inspires and motivates millions of young Kenyans to take action to improve their lives and engage with urgent practical issues that shape their future. Shujaaz prints over 700,000 comics every month reaching 50% of all Kenyan youth across the country with exciting, inspiring, creative content.
The Producer: Comic is responsible for the design & production of the monthly Shujaaz comic. This content must be designed to attract & engage a youth audience of millions while advancing agreed social change objectives.
The Producer: Comic is central to the entire production process, including idea generation, story-telling & character development, managing freelance artists & consultants, working to set deadlines and budget as well as tracking the audience response.
The Producer: Comic works alongside a team of Shujaaz platform producers (radio, social media & events) ensuring a cohesive, aligned 360 media experience for the youth audience.
- Generate and research new ideas for content that keeps the look & feel of the comic contemporary, cutting-edge, fresh & appealing for Kenyan youth
- Generate creative tactics to deliver the social-change ‘messages’ to the audience in engaging and entertaining formats
- Organize and conduct regular story-lining sessions that result in authentic, compelling fictional stories featuring the Shujaaz characters
- Writing dialogue for the comic stories
- Reviewing different stages of artwork designs & illustrations and giving notes to illustrators and designers
- Content creation: sourcing, interviewing and scripting real-life case studies to be featured in the comic
- Ensure that the comic platform is fully integrated with all other Shujaaz platforms in delivering cohesive strategies & ensuring faithful message content and full multi-media integration
- Responsible for the design & implementation of the comic production schedule for cross-platform synchronisation
- Consistently position the Shujaaz comic as an innovative, cutting-edge and popular youth media platform
- At least 3 years of experience in a creative role
- Ability to generate and deliver creative ideas coupled with sound editorial judgement
- Experience in story telling / writing / character development
- Experience in copy proofing and editing
- A keen interest in cultural trends and current affairs relevant to a youth audience
- Excellent communication skills – written & oral (Kiswahili, Sheng & English)
- Working knowledge of media law
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, attentive to detail, able to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to remain calm and work effectively under pressure
Then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- A covering letter explaining why you want the job & why you are the right person for the job.
- Your CV
- Portfolio or links showcasing your best creative work
- One paragraph about your thoughts on Kenyan youth written in sheng
Only shortlisted applications will be considered & responded. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 31st August 2018