Our client, a multinational Mobile Technology Company is looking for an Engineering Manager (EM) to manage and recruit a team of Backend Engineers.
As a coach and mentor, the EM guides the team towards advancing organisation mission and business objectives. As a leader within the engineering guild, ensure the consistent practice of Company’s engineering processes and standards.
Close interactions with the US office and quarterly travel are vital to the success of this role.
Report to the Head of Engineering and collaborate cross-functionally with all Company teams across the globe.
- Lead and manage current team of Backend Engineers to execute on current roadmap
- Effectively manage team as a highly technical and hands-on coder when needed
- Recruit, mentor, and level-up 5-10 Engineers
- Review design documents, perform code reviews and weigh in on implementation choices
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Data, Credit, and Business Development) to ship scalable software solutions
- Continually improve our codebase with clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology
- Build, own, and maintain substantial portions of the backend infrastructure related to 3rd party services (Payment Rails, SMS/Email, KYC, Analytics, etc.), for 3-5 new services
- Design and architect technical designs and TDD (Test Driven Development) to solve engineering challenges
- Provide guidance for integrations with external partners including banks, fintech companies, and mobile network operators.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, including hands-on technical management
- 5+ years coding in one of the following languages: C++, Java, Scala, Python, GoLang and/or PHP
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- Developed and launched large-scale consumer applications on Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure) using microservices architecture paradigm
- Experience with designing tables/schemas in relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL)
- Working knowledge of REST API development for mobile/web use
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to hold own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning preferred
- NoSQL databases experience preferred
Remuneration and compensation:
Competitive remuneration and compensation based on skills and experience
Location: Based in Nairobi, Kenya, with quarterly travel.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 15th August 2018