Job Vacancy: Head of Operations – Solar Company
Nature of Job: Full time
Summary: The incumbent will supervise a team working in the field as Lead PV Technician, PV Technician and Supervisor – Solar Operations
- He/she will initiate and administer the hiring process for Contingent Workers as well as permanent positions as approved by management.
- He/she will manage both the workforce in the field as well as the work flow process.
- Responsibilities will also include administration of Accounts Payable processes, labor management and parts/services procurement, all in accordance with site budgets.
- This position will also assume responsibilities in regards to preparation, assembly, completion of staffing/resource plans, budgets, etc.
- Scheduling of work as necessary at the solar facilities including Preventive Maintenance’s, repairs, outages, etc. Coordination of vendors, contractors & suppliers
- Management of Lead PV Technicians (Sr. Solar Technician), PV Technicians and/or Field Supervisor (Supervisor- Solar Operations) including hiring, performance management, payroll approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field with at least 5 years of work related experience
- 3 years supervisory / contractor oversight experience
- 5 years of experience with a work management system Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Formal electrical training
- PV industry specific training and ERC Licence
- 5 years of experience as a customer representative / contract manager
- Working knowledge of the overall operating fundamentals and principles of generating station systems, equipment and processes
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV’s quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.